Value Tool & Engineering (VTE) is a premium ISO 9001:2015 certified and AS9100 tooling and parts supplier to the aerospace and defense industries. We are currently seeking a CNC Programmer/Set-Up/Operator - Supervisor (2nd Shift). Primary responsibilities are to oversee a production team of 10-12 operators. Secondary responsibilities include programming, setting-up, and operating 3- & 4-axis CNC Mills and Lathes (including Swiss) as needed.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Guiding the production team to meet production schedule on-time, on budget, and in full compliance
- Programming, setting-up, and optimizing machining processes on CNC Mills and Lathes (including Swiss).
- Selecting and changing cutting tools & inserts for machining programs given part materials, part geometry, and process constraints along with calculating the appropriate cutting speeds, feeds, and depths of cut.
- Using sound practices to develop toolpath strategies to generate part features & details that optimize tool life and ensure part dimensions are produced within tolerance with a high degree of repeatability. (Make machine offsets and adjustments as necessary to maintain size and surface finish.)
- Interpreting part drawings and specifications including GD&T callouts.
- Producing machining programs with the use of BobCAM or MasterCAM. When manual or conversational programming is more efficient, program at the machine using the machine controller.
- Supporting team members when they need assistance with programming, set-ups, troubleshooting, and how to load/unload parts correctly and efficiently.
- Troubleshooting production machining programs to identify root causes of part defects and implement changes to the process that improve quality overall, reduce cycle time, and maximize total throughput.