About our Company:
Martin Resorts is a collection of premier hotels on the Central Coast of California. Since its founding, it began with a simple vision from Tom Martin that the company holds close to its heart every day. With everything that the company does, the mission, vision, and values are the centerpiece for driving our team members and providing the best guest experience at our hotels in San Luis Obispo.
The mission of Martin Resorts is to promote a contagious spirit of hospitality enriching the lives of our employees, our guests, and our community, one experience at a time. The five core values that our team members live by every day include:
- Leadership: Do the right thing when no one is looking, and accept ownership in everything we do.
- Empowerment: Developed by trust, training, support, and respect.
- Authentic: Genuine service, people and experiences.
- Distinction: Continuous pursuit of the highest standards-going above and beyond.
- +HUMM: Working together and supporting one another as a team to achieve extraordinary results.
As a Room Attendant/Housekeeper, you are responsible for cleaning guest rooms and other public areas in order to uphold the hotels service standards. You are a team player who is dedicated to completing all job functions while maintaining excellent customer service and positive coworker interactions. The Room Attendant/Housekeeper should enthusiastically carry out all instructions from supervisors and follow safety procedures in order to provide the most enjoyable guest experience.
Responsibilities of the Ideal Candidate:
- Ensure all guests and visitors are welcomed and given responsive, friendly, and courteous service through cordial communication and a helpful demeanor.
- Execute facility inspections continuously in assurance of the cleanliness, safety, and specifications of the property have been fulfilled and are consistently maintained.
- Enter and prepare guest rooms for cleaning during appropriate times.
- During cleaning, treat room and guest items with discretion and respect.
- Make guest beds and replace linens accordingly.
- Replenish guest room of supplies and replace bath supplies.
- Clean the bathroom and closet.
- Vacuum and rake the carpet.
- Follow all security guidelines when entering and exiting room, ensuring room has been secured upon departure.
- Promptly record or report lost items to the Executive Housekeeper, keeping an accurate log of items.
- Clean public areas of property to ensure all guest experiences are organized and fresh.
- Maintain and stock housekeeping carts throughout the day to uphold an efficient cleaning process.
- Adhere to all hotel policies and procedures throughout the execution of tasks and responsibilities, including maintaining excellent customer service and efficient operations.
- Follow OSHA safety rules and regulations with adherence and understanding to the specific policies and procedures.
- Sustain the safety of the property though risk-management behavior, proper inspections, participation in Safety and Security Committee and knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Following safety procedures as your role is defined.
- Ability to Self-Motivate
- Possess Time Management
- Positively contributing Team Member
- Attention to Detail
Experience and Education:
- Preferred 1 year of Housekeeping experience.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds frequently to assist guests
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to hear, understand and communicate orally and in writing to communicate with staff, vendors and guests a normal in-person and phone conversation
- Ability to bend and twist, push and pull, stoop, and kneel
- Ascend and descend a ladder