The Software Engineer role will be focused as Senior Java Developer
7.2.2019 | Boxcar Central | Charleston, SC
We are currently experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to lead our team of developers. We are a small company that has developed a unique software platform integrating IoT sensors and controllers with our Farm Management web application that includes production and inventory management, data graph analytics, sales order processing, forecasting, and integrations to front and back end 3rd party applications. This position will require occasional travel within the greater Charleston area.
What Youll Do as Software Engineer (Java Developer)
- Conduct domain analysis and design, web service and web application development, code and design reviews, database design and framework evaluation
- Develop software requirements in conjunction with end users and stakeholders
- Hands-on software design and development
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues and defects in both structured and unstructured environments, analyze performance and design inefficiencies
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies and tools being used to improve software development and delivery
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
Software Engineer (Java Developer) Requirements:
Software Engineer (Java Developer) Must Haves
- Experience with the full life-cycle of software development, including requirements analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
- 4+ years of experience with Java development.
- 2+ years of experience with JQuery development.
- 2+ years of experience with MVC and CSS development.
- Experience with UI and UX design and development.
- Experience with relational database design, MySQL.
- Experience with Tomcat and similar servlet engines.
- Experience with RESTful Web Services, Web Socket based APIs.
- Experience with tools like Git and Jira
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux Environment
- Experience with automated build and deployment strategies.
- Understanding of Agile development methodology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Drug free workplace at all times
All Software Engineer (Java Developer) candidates are required to undergo pre-employment drug screening and background checks.
Why You Want to Work Here
- Strong employer contributed and voluntary benefits (Medical, dental, vision, 401k, disability, critical illness, accident benefits)
- Tremendous company culture and paid time off policy
Who We Are
Our mission? We are revolutionizing the way communities grow, distribute and consume food.
What We Do
Three companies under AmplifiedAg working together:
- Tiger Corner Farms is a hydroponic container farm manufacturer dedicated to building high quality, efficient indoor farms in order to create opportunities for farmers.
- Boxcar Central is a technology company that provides the controls and the software needed to integrate, automate, and monitor all aspects of an enterprise farming environment, from seed to sale.
- Vertical Roots is a farming operation that currently services 50+ restaurants, four grocery store chains, and 25 local public schools using our technology.
- Precision: Pay attention to every detail
- Respect: We are a family and treat each other with kindness
- Integrity: Be fair, trustworthy and honest
- Empowerment: Every team member has a voice and can provoke change
- Consistency: Do it the right way, every time
- Fun: Have a positive attitude and enjoy what you do