The successful Maintenance Technician II will assist nursery personnel by performing preventative and routine maintenance tasks as assigned, troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
Summary of Essential Job Functions of Maintenance Tech II:
- Service, test and repair of electrical, and light mechanical problems at the nursery
- Responsible for preventive maintenance on all equipment
- Install and troubleshoot electrical circuits, panels, conduit, protecting devices, switches, and equipment required for NEC compliance
- Be able to properly identify where to troubleshoot and safely use electrical meters and tools to diagnose malfunctions
- Able to set up and operate drill press, grinder, hand tools and other equipment
- Install basic conduit and fixtures; electric motors and contactors, test completed work and make necessary adjustments
- Perform light carpentry work in the maintenance and repair of buildings, greenhouses and other structures for the nursery
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all vendors, contractors and fellow employees
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company guidelines
- Ensure compliance of all work related activities in a fair, ethical, and consistent manner.
Minimum Requirements of Maintenance Tech II:
- At least 5 years experience or trade school training in electrical and mechanical repair
- Ability to read and interpret documents, schematics and drawings
- Ability to write detailed repair reports as well as good verbal communication
- Willing to work on a rotating weekend on-call list
- Able to climb ladders and work at elevations
- Clean criminal history and drug free.
- Must be in good physical condition and able to work outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate high ethical standards and set a positive example for crew members.
- Current first aid/CPR certification, or ability and willingness to obtain one.
Abilities Required of Maintenance Tech II:
- Basic concepts about greenhouse operations, quality and productivity
- Good interpersonal communication, able to work well with others
- Manufacturing aptitude, Must be able to work as part of a team
- Willingness to work nights and/or weekends, hours will change based on business needs
- Able to work indoors, outdoors, in warehouse or greenhouse all seasons
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs and able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision, Self motivated
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to greenhouse elements such as heat, cold, water and dirt.
- Bilingual English/Spanish helpful