The University of Oregon, located in Eugene, Oregon, is one of the nation’s premier public research universities. It is designated a Carnegie Doctoral/Research Extensive University, and is one of 62 members of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—one of only two AAU universities in the greater Northwest. Although similar to its fellow AAU members in the quality of its research and teaching, the UO’s character is distinctive:
The Office of Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve university operations. The Office helps the University accomplish its mission and objectives by evaluating and identifying opportunities to improve the effectiveness of governance processes, risk management, and internal controls. The Office is responsible for developing and implementing a flexible annual audit plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology. The annual audit plan includes consideration of any risks or control concerns identified by management, and is reviewed and approved by the President and Executive and Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees.
The Chief Auditor directs the university’s independent audit program, and coordinates a broad range of audit functions in support of the needs of the university. The Chief Auditor is responsible for creating and managing a program to deliver financial, operational, performance and compliance audits as needed. The Chief Auditor reports administratively to the President and works closely with the Board of Trustees.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution in accounting, finance or closely
• Professional certification (e.g. CPA, CIA).
• Five years of progressively responsible experience in internal auditing.
• Demonstrated record of excellent oral and written communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• The ability to successfully manage multiple projects and employees.
• A detail-oriented, analytical approach that enjoys problem solving and creating efficiencies while possessing strong project management and communication skills.
• The integrity to maintain confidentiality.
• Advanced degree in accounting, finance or closely related field.
• Experience in audit of sponsored research expenditures and compliance.
• Experience in higher education environment.