115 Munson StJob ID
2019-6693# of Openings
BankMobile has an opening for Linux System Administrator who will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of BankMobile' s Linux infrastructure and production environments in a Hosted Data Center. They provide technical thought leadership for the Linux environments and are accountable to help define, maintain, communicate and implement standards consistent with company strategy. This role is ideal for an independent, fast learning, motivated individual who wishes to continue to increase his or her knowledge and mastery of Linux System Administration and open source applications. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has excellent time management and communication skills, and has a passion for tackling challenging and evolving projects. This person must have the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time and react with urgency to issues. This candidate must be highly organized and a stickler for the details. The role may require some off hours and overtime. Responsibilities
- Installation and administration of Red Hat Linux environments. Includes patching, account creations, upgrades, etc.
- Analyze existing operation and proactively seek opportunities to optimize and improve build tool chain as well as the hosted application performance
- Install, administer and support tools used in software development lifecycle such as Atlassian Bitbucket, Artifactory and Jenkins
- Support hosted application product that primarily utilizes Java, Tomcat, Apache and other open source technologies. Along with other software, such as messaging middleware, as needed.
- Work closely with development teams to deploy solutions, automate processes, maintain and enhance tools.
- Participate in planning, testing and execution of Disaster Recovery (DR) initiatives.
- Assist with IT audits
- Participate in design reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned with BankMobile standards and general best practices to ensure security, reliability and ease of support
- Work with managed hosting provider to spec out and provision new servers and infrastructure as needed.
- Participate in production support activities. Use technical knowledge to help troubleshoot incidents that may arise. Proactively put processes in place to prevent and reduce the severity of outages.
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration and maintenance procedures and documentation.
- Proactive monitoring of application environments including timely responses to alerts.
- Maintain secure security and standards to meet the company's security policies and certifications including patching and vulnerability remediation.
- Provide training and maintain documentation for additional support and administration resources.
- Bachelor's Degree (in engineering or computer science preferred)
- 5+ years experience in systems engineering/administration or in a DevOps role working in Linux/Unix environments
- Experience working in a 24x7 high transaction volume environment
- Experience with Java application server environments such as Tomcat and web servers such as Apache
- Experience with formalized change management
- Scripting skills: bash, Perl, python, ruby
- Experience using or managing Git repositories
- General understanding of networking including routing, firewalls and VLANs
- Ansible experience
- Must be proactive, highly detailed, and organized
- Effective teamwork, follow up, and professional/positive communication to all levels within and outside the organization
- Self-discipline and determination to meet and exceed goals
- Must exhibit flexibility and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong organizational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment
- Ferocious attention to detail
- Good technical diagnostic expertise including problem investigation, reproduction and resolution skills
- Ability to balance long term project work with ongoing support responsibilities
- Limited travel may be required
- Off hours support required
Established in 2015, BankMobile is a division of Customers Bank and America's largest and fastest growing mobile-first bank offering checking and savings accounts. BankMobile provides an alternative banking experience to the traditional model and is focused on technology, innovation, easy-to-use products and education with the mission of being "customer-obsessed" and creating "customers for life." The disruptive, multi-partner distribution model, known as "Bank-as-a-Service," created by the executive team enables BankMobile to acquire customers at higher volumes and substantially lower expense than traditional banks. Its low-cost operating model enables it to provide low-cost banking services to low/middle-income Americans who have been left behind by the high-fee model of "traditional" banks. Today, BankMobile provides its "Bank-as-a-Service" platform to colleges and universities and currently serves nearly two million account-holders at 800 campuses (covering one out of every three students in the U.S.). BankMobile is operating as the digital banking division of Customers Bank, which is a Federal Reserve-regulated and FDIC-insured commercial bank.
For more information, please visit www.bankmobile.com. BankMobile, a division of Customers Bank, will provide consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability. BankMobile, a division of Customers Bank. Member FDIC - Equal Housing Lender - All Rights Reserved