Program Associate Job Announcement
Engaging Schools seeks a student support professional to partner with district administrators, school leaders, and staff members to recalibrate District Codes of Character, Conduct, and Support and implement schoolwide climate and culture initiatives. Program Associates provide professional learning that includes coaching and consultation and facilitate change processes with a focus on middle and high schools in urban districts.
We envision school communities where all adults support each and every student to strengthen skills and mindsets needed to thrive and make positive contributions in school, work, and life. To achieve this, Engaging Schools collaborates with educators to create equitable and engaging classrooms and schools that support students’ social, emotional, and academic learning and development.
Our organization is dedicated to building an antiracist and inclusive culture and an increasingly diverse staff. We are supporting change and working to dismantle systemic racism in the districts with whom we partner. Given the diversity within and among these districts, we strongly encourage applicants with lived experience of racism and other forms of oppression/discrimination.
- Conduct school and/or district needs assessments
- Co-develop work plans for delivery of services aligned to project outcomes
- Facilitate districtwide processes to create or revise Codes of Character, Conduct, and Support
- Provide in-person and virtual client consultation, professional learning, coaching, and technical assistance
- Contribute to program development in school climate, culture, discipline, and student support
- Collaborate with and coach district and school leaders
- Facilitate the collection and use of data with student support staff and school and district leaders
- Create regular, written documentation of core client experiences, implementation successes, and progress on project outcomes for schools, districts, and Engaging Schools; develop recommendations
- Participate in a departmental professional learning community
- Minimum six years’ experience in a student support role, such as social worker, counselor, or special education staff member in middle and/or high school settings
- Lived experience of racism and other forms of oppression/discrimination
- Experience designing and facilitating professional learning sessions and consulting in schools and other educational settings, and developing climate and culture and student support resources
- Advanced degree in counseling, social work, special education, or related field preferred
- Experience working in an urban environment
- Excellent communication skills (including writing, speaking, presenting, and interpersonal skills)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Smart Boards, Dropbox, Zoom, Google Platform, and other technology commonly used in classroom, school, and district environments
Critical Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to build rapport and work effectively with educators from diverse backgrounds
- Experience planning, conferring, collaborating, and using data to inform decision-making with school and district leaders
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Multi-tiered systems of support, including structures and protocols for tier two and tier three interventions
- Social and emotional learning
- Bias, cultural competence, and addressing systemic racism and other forms of institutionalized discrimination
- School climate, culture, discipline, and student support with a restorative, accountable, and equitable lens
For more information about Engaging Schools, and to explore whether you might be the right match for this opportunity, please visit our website at www.engagingschools.org.
Location: We are looking for candidates who reside in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, or Midwest.
Travel: Some travel outside of one’s immediate geographical area will be required.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, and generous benefits package.
Opportunity to advance within the organization.
Please send resume and cover letter to: https://engaging-schools.hiringthing.com/job/276848/program-associate
The application process will remain open until the position is filled.
Founded in 1982, Engaging Schools is a national non-profit organization based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Salary commensurate with experience, and generous benefits package.