Allscripts' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans.Associate Corporate Counsel
Regular Full-Time# of Openings:
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
This position reports directly to the Chief Privacy and Security Counsel. The primary purpose of this role is to advise and provide legal support to in-house clients on legal and regulatory issues involving Allscripts Business Units and assist the Chief Privacy and Security Counsel as required on issues involving legal and risk management issues associated with the BU business, products and services. The incumbent will also draft, negotiate, or approve commercial agreements as well as provide regulatory guidance as requested by the Chief Privacy and Security Counsel. Position may be located in Chicago, IL or Raleigh, NC.Responsibilities
Advises on the legal aspects of Allscripts’ activities, the responsibilities of the legal team include:
- Knowledge of and experience providing legal advice on a variety of topics relating to data privacy, data sharing and corporate transactions as well as cybersecurity
- Assist company personnel in evaluating impact of privacy laws, regulatory guidance, and enforcement actions, and other related guidelines on product features
- Assist in the creation and management of company policies and procedures, as well as other company documentation such as training materials
- Support data and privacy incident response
- Integrates with the business to provide sound, practical guidance and solutions
- Advises Allscripts regarding risk issues
- Supports the Allscripts Vision and Values in achieving performance
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Academic and professional qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree and JD (must be from an accredited law school)
- Admitted to at least one state bar in the United States
- CIPP certification is a plus
- Minimum of 1+ year of experience practicing law
- Knowledge preferred:
- Payers, insurance companies and pharmaceuticals
- GDPR is a plus
- Prior exposure to IT and intellectual property issues in software services sector is preferred
- Knowledge of general corporate and compliance issues
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.