Assoc Dir, Manufacturing
Regular Full-Time# of Openings:
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.Responsibilities
Reporting to the Vice President/General Manager, Irvine Operations, responsible for all aspects of Manufacturing Operations which includes aseptic filling and packaging of cephalosporin products. Key member of site manufacturing leadership team. Responsible for 5 leadership direct reports and approximately 90 nonexempt manufacturing employees.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Plan, direct and monitor all production activities within an assigned area or unit to maximize the use of the organizations' resources and meet established production specifications and schedules, volume, cost and wastage targets and quality standards.
- Develops and implements manufacturing schedules and procedures and allocate labor and capital resources to maximize productivity.
- Analyzes production, maintenance and malfunction records to identify problems and recommend solutions (for example changes to procedures, workflow or equipment) that will improve performance.
- Liaises with functional or operational area managers (for example in supply and logistics or sales) to understand their current and future product needs and develop plans, cost estimates and schedules for integrating these needs into existing manufacturing activities.
- Plans, prioritizes and manages production line maintenance or downtimes to minimize disruptions to manufacturing schedules.
- Leads, directs, evaluates and develops a team of supervisors who are responsible for various production activities such as assembly, machine operation, processing, treating or packaging.
- Responsible for performing/supporting quality investigations in a timely and thorough manner per applicable investigation procedures.
- Responsible to review and approve quality investigations to ensure documentation is complete, accurate and timely.
- Ensure all product quality attributes are met and all quality systems supported.
- Responsible for a fully integrated Product Line with end to end accountability for all elements of Product Line Filling, Sterilization, Inspection, and Packaging and an annual budget greater than $30M.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires breadth of professional field and industry knowledge. Ability to integrate critical information and champion advanced strategies/concepts through the organization. Drives development of advanced technologies, principles and processes.
- Manages activities of a functional area which has at least 2 departments or major functions through managers and/or experienced employees. Responsible for cost, method, and employee results.
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on experience.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external contractors/vendors.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required
- 08-10 years related experience required.
- Occasional business travel required, Ability to work non-stand schedule as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com..
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.