Global Technology & Operations provides technological infrastructure and operations support to ensure audiences can enjoy Discovery's programming around the world and across platforms. Already a leader in the factual and lifestyle genres, Discovery has expanded its core business into new genres: sports, entertainment and kids. Its platforms and product eco-systems are now engaged in terrestrial/free-to-air, OTT products and content development/production companies.
The Supervisor of Technical Operations will be responsible for supervising and developing the technical training program for various Global Technology & Operations teams and will play a key role in process development, new system and application implementation, and assisting with various projects as required.
1. Supervise the creation, development, and maintenance of technical training courses and content.
2. Coordinate with GT&O team leads to develop appropriate training curricula.
3. Create and maintain performance support documentation for the Broadcast Operations team, including but not limited to SOPs, job aids, and cheat sheets.
4. Support Manager – Technical Operations in overall training tracking, evaluation, and metric collection and help administer best methods for measuring training program effectiveness.
5. Deliver training and/or documentation to internal and external clients as required.
6. Lead and mentor a team of proxy trainers and coordinate the scheduling of training initiatives.
7. Assist with testing and developing procedures for implementation of new systems, technologies, and applications.
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field, or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience.
* 2+ years of training delivery and instructional design experience.
* Extensive experience with training content development and creation of performance support documentation.
* Ability to develop technical documentation for complex systems and procedures.
* Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent leadership, communication (written and verbal), customer service, time management, and organizational skills.
* Must be a self-starter.
* Proficient in all Office 365 applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
* Deep knowledge of cloud-based broadcast automation technologies is preferred.
* Experience with video editing and online course design is a plus.
* Willing to work various hours, as needed. Some travel may be required.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States.
Sterling, Virginia, VADiscovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.