Our HR Assistant will support the HR Team with various administrative responsibilities, provide customer service to our Bluehawk employees and manage office/front desk duties. This candidate will be well organized with a sharp attention to detail, show great flexibility, thrive in collaborative environments, and possess well-rounded communication skills.
This position offers an amazing opportunity for someone looking to broaden their experience in Human Resources while working in a fun and team-focused environment. This role will be onsite a few days per week with specific office hours combined with varied remote/work from home days if preferred.
- The first line of support for consultants and vendors visiting the office. This person will manage the front desk, incoming mail, and answer phones.
- Support the HR team by assisting with the tracking and processing of new hires in the onboarding and offboarding stages.
- Data entry into HRIS/payroll system and in various vendor benefit portals.
- Ensure weekly employee timesheets are submitted.
- Keep the payroll and HR systems up-to-date as employee data changes. Assist employees with payroll login and password resets when needed.
- Complete verbal and written employment verification requests
- Assist with employee care and life event gifts
- Assist with employee events
- Maintain digital and paper copies of employee paperwork, company contracts, and other documentation.
- Assist in scheduling company meetings and maintain conference room scheduling.
- Keep track of office snacks and supplies and place orders when necessary.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- Interest and passion for gaining experience in the Human Resources field.
- Experience supporting teams in a fast paced, high volume environment and/or office administrator experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, in particular MS Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint
- Professional communication skills and keen customer focused approach.
- Ability to work successfully independently, with others and lead by example.
- Interpersonal traits: Attention to detail, curious, likes structure and organization, and flexibility.
BA or BS Degree in Business Administration with emphasis in HR preferred