IEc is seeking to hire an energetic, detail-oriented team member as full time Computer Resources Support Technician to support IEc’s staff with regards to hardware and software maintenance and service.
This position is a great fit for the candidate with a professional attitude and strong work ethic. Applicants should be able to work individually as well as within a team, and should feel comfortable communicating across multiple levels of the business hierarchy. Attention to detail, as well as the ability to concentrate and carry out tasks accurately while under time constraints are also necessary skills.
- Answer end-user questions; responsible for learning and mastering the basic software packages, including Windows 10 and the MS Office Suite.;
- Contact vendors' technical support hot‑lines and resolve problems when solutions can't be found in-house;
- Research options in acquiring new software and hardware and make recommendations to the Network Manager and/or CIO
- Configure software and install new equipment;
- Maintain hardware, including staff and conference room equipment;
- Participate in and contribute to IEc's in‑house computer training activities;
- Provide basic computer support on consulting projects as necessary and appropriate;
- Monitor inventory of computer supplies. Order new equipment and supplies;
- Fix/diagnose equipment problems, organize equipment;
- Replace toner cartridges and maintain laser printers; and
- Clean and maintain the file server room.
- Knowledge of PC hardware and experience with Windows
- Ability to learn new software packages
- Excellent customer service skills
- A minimum of three years of experience directly supporting corporate computer systems and/or related education background.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Experience with Active Directory and Network management
- Experience using Windows Server Update Service (WUS) and Backup Exec
- Experience accessing, configuring, and using cloud-based computer networks