ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Embarc seeks a driven Development Manager who will play a critical role in furthering the mission of Embarc and supporting development efforts as the organization works towards an ambitious $30M fundraising goal to meet demand for Embarc’s programming and quadruple the number of students we serve.
Under the direction of the Director of Philanthropy, the Development Manager will support the activities of the Board of Directors, Advisory Board, and Auxiliary Board; be responsible for helping launch and grow Embarc’s Annual Fund; and project manage a variety of department and organization-wide projects and events.
This individual will assist with a variety of daily activities including the planning and execution of logistics and project management associated with the fundraising efforts of Embarc. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the management and execution of all Board and Committee meetings (for the Board of Directors, Advisory Board, and Auxiliary Board). This includes, but is not limited to, scheduling, creating presentations, preparing reports, organizing meeting materials, and note-taking.
- Plan and implement additional activities and events that increase annual fundraising revenue.
- Support the Chief Development Officer in the launch and management of a new Advisory Board.
- Serve as project manager for department-wide projects, such as the annual Impact Report, monthly cultivation events for current and prospective donors, and various new initiatives and projects.
- Work in collaboration with the Auxiliary Board to support committee work and revenue-generating initiatives and partnerships.
- Under the direction of the Director of Philanthropy, help launch Embarc’s Annual Fund by creating content, working with third-party vendors to design and produce materials, explore direct-mail campaigns, and inventive e-campaigns.
- Responsible for all development activities related to Annual Fund donors at the $1,000 to $10,000 level, including gift solicitation.
- Take ownership in all year-end giving solicitation campaigns including Giving Tuesday, year-end major gifts solicitation campaign, and the Annual Fund appeal components.
- Captures and manages data in the database to enhance record-keeping and stewardship.
- Other duties, as assigned. As the organization evolves, so may this role, making it a growth opportunity.
- Three to five years experience required, preferably in a fundraising or membership environment.
- Desire to build a career in development and strong passion for Embarc’s mission and vision a priority.
- Willingness to solicit donors and prospects for philanthropic support via one-on-one meetings and written communication.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize, and possess strong analytical skills.
- Ability to gather, record, and analyze data.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrated proficiency in writing and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills and experience to manage up to staff and high-level volunteers.
- Highly flexible, comfortable managing up, strong work ethic.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume AS A SINGLE *.PDF
Other benefits include: 100% individual premium coverage for Healthcare and HMO Dental, 50% family premium coverage for healthcare, tiered 401(k) match, paid time off, professional development stipend, other sponsored insurance and paid leaves.