: US-CO-Snowmass Village# of Openings
: KitchenPosition Type
: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status
: Non-ExemptAbout Us
Visit our charming village and enjoy convenient access to ski lifts from The Westin Snowmass Resort. Recreational and cultural experiences are available year-round, and Aspen and Snowmass mountains offer fulfilling activities. Our 236 rooms and 18 suites are serene retreats with village, resort, or slope views with available ski-in, ski-out access. As part of our team, you will have access to a ski pass that can be used in Snowmass and Aspen. We offer very competitive health insurance packages as well as vision and dental insurance. Our 401k plan offers employer with matching contributions. You can also have a free meal per each shift your work. If this is not enough, you will have the opportunity to interact with employees from all over the world as well as to participate in community activities and end of season parties. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and show you our Westin family! Overview
Prepare food of consistent quality and assist in kitchen functions.Responsibilities
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per HEI Hotels and Resorts standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per HEI Hotels and Resorts standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.