: US-MA-Waltham# of Openings
: RevenuePosition Type
: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status
: Non-ExemptAbout Us
Welcome to Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Waltham, located in Boston's High-Technology, Pharmaceutical, and Life Sciences Belt and corporate corridor along Route 128 and Highway 95. Our Boston/Waltham, MA hotel is just 20 minutes to downtown Boston and 25 minutes to Logan International Airport, convenient to Brandeis and Bentley Universities as well as Wellesley and Regis Colleges.
Come work with us and enjoy complimentary lunch or dinner during your shifts as well as randomized Snack Carts with occasional trivia and games to win a prize! At the Embassy Suites Waltham, we welcome jeans on Fridays with a small donation to our Make a Difference Committee to use for events in the community. At least once a quarter the Make a Difference Committee puts on an event for team members, guests, and the community. We look forward to learning more about you!Overview
Enables the efficient operation between Sales and Reservations in selling and inputting of guest room blocks to accommodate guest needs and maximize revenue.Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyze Rooms Inventory utilizing Yield Management to maximize occupancy and increase average rate. This includes monitoring of group blocks, enering cut off dates, and setting rate restrictions controls in the Hilton OnQ reservation system.
- Process and handle group rooming lists, reservations, and associate reservations requests by manually inputting data into the reservations system.
- Calculate and prepare rooms reports to determine sources of business using various computer systems.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis. Specific hours worked and start time may be negotiable at time of hire but a consisten weekly schedule is needed.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required, and college degree preferred.
- Hotel experience preferred - Hilton brand experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and associate concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Attention to detail and good keyboard skills are very important in this position.
- Ability to access, read and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system to include software such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to make accurate mathematical calculations using 10-key.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- This position works closely to the Sales/Catering, Front Office and Conference Services Departments.
- Positon offers growth potential to Front Office Management, Revenue Management, and/or Sales & Marketing administrative roles.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.