Location: Maintenance Department
Work Times: 6:30 am - 3:00 pm (includes 30 minute unpaid lunch)
Work Days/Year: 260 (September - August)
A valid First Aid/CPR card must be submitted to Classified Personnel within 30 days of hire. Only courses with a "hands-on" component taught by a certified instructor are acceptable.
Evergreen Public Schools are committed to eliminating the predictability of outcomes by demographic group and we strive to be a diverse community of schools that provides each member with the opportunities, access, resources, and support they need to be successful. With this in mind, our goal is to recruit, hire and retain employees of all racial/ethnic backgrounds who will bring their unique talents and skills into our educational institution to encourage students to thrive academically. Our district aims to provide an equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for all students and staff to succeed in a racially and culturally diverse local, national and global community.
General maintenance with knowledge and skills specifically in the areas of irrigation and grounds.
- Communicate effectively with staff and the general public.
- Operate and maintain centrally controlled computer irrigation system and perform repairs when necessary.
- Work independently and be neat and efficient with maximum safety.
- Maintain records of work performed.
- Perform first aid/CPR when necessary.
- Operate power tools in a safe manner.
- Travel from location to location to accomplish tasks.
- Successfully complete all required district training within a timely manner.
- Must comply with all district and government safety regulations.
- Perform grounds-related tasks as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the installation and maintenance of commercial automated irrigation systems and successful course completion in both central irrigation control systems and commercial irrigation design.
- Must possess or be able to acquire a first aide/CPR card within 30 days of employment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to maintain records of work performed.
- Must be able to operate all power and hand tools required to perform any and all of the above duties.
- Must be able to understand orders and perform work accurately.
- Must be able to travel from location to location to accomplish tasks.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others as part of a team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES RELATED TO CULTURAL COMPETENCE AND EQUITY:
- Knowledge/awareness of own cultural identity and desire to learn about the cultural identity of others.
- Supports a positive school environment that celebrates, respects and values diversity, where learning is made relevant and meaningful to students of various cultures.
- Participates in activities and discussions that lead to increased cultural competence.
- Demonstrates a commitment to equitable outcomes for all students.
- Ability to recognize each person as a unique individual even as we celebrate their group cultural heritage.
- The ability and desire to establish positive relationships with persons regardless of race, gender, physical limitation, sexual orientation or religious belief, with an active commitment to equal opportunity for all persons.