The City of Milwaukie is accepting applications from motivated and enthusiastic individuals seeking a career with one of the leading law enforcement agencies in the state. This recruitment is for entry level and Oregon certified lateral applicants.
- Qualified lateral police officer candidates will bypass POST and ORPAT
- Lateral hires will be placed within the salary range based on equivalent qualified experience.
- Vacation accrual rate will be based on prior equivalent qualified experience.
- Upon satisfactory completion of FTEP, the City will credit employee with 80 hours of sick leave and 40 hours of vacation leave.
- Selection process includes Chief's interview, background check, psychological exam and physical examination.
- Incentive pay: 5% for an AA degree and/or possessing a DPSST Intermediate Police Officer Certificate. 10% for possessing a DPSST Advanced Police Officer Certificate.