Multiple Continuing Positions for the 2021-2022 school year.
Various Elementary Schools
Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply
- Plan and implement a program of study following state and district standards that meet the individual needs and abilities of the students by providing effective, differentiated instruction using research-based practices.
- Implement instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for achieving stated objectives for instruction and student success, including use of technology.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum student outcomes.
- Participate with other staff to cooperatively plan, develop, and implement a course of instruction designed to meet the needs of students in all curriculum areas.
- Educate special needs students within the regular classroom environment in collaboration with other staff.
- Create a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to learning for all students.
- Participate with other staff to cooperatively develop effective, positive techniques for improving student behavior.
- Participate in State, Federal and District testing requirements.
- Provide positive supports and guidance to a diverse population.
- Manage student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and an optimal learning environment.
- Assess students’ academic learning and/or skills for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding students’ progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Advise parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of supporting teacher’s expectations, developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals.
- Maintain accurate, complete, confidential and timely records as required by law, District Policy, and Administrative Regulations including attendance, IEP information, progress reports, cumulative records, and classroom inventory.
- Confer with colleagues, administrators, students and/or parents when necessary.
- Collaborate with school personnel and parents for the purpose of improving the quality of student performance, developing solutions and planning curriculum.
- Become familiar with and uphold the enforcement of school rules, Administrative Regulations and Board Policy.
- Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude when carrying out responsibilities as a faculty member.
- Perform assigned out-of-classroom supervision and other duties.
- Participate in staff meetings, planning events, and grade level/department/PLC/job-alike meetings.
- Participate in total building program, including assemblies, contests, and other student activities.
- Engage in ongoing professional development.