Multiple Continuing Positions for the 2021-2022 school year.
Middle and High School Level - Various Programs
Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply
Evergreen Public Schools are committed to eliminating the predictability of outcomes by demographic group and we strive to be a diverse community of schools that provides each member with the opportunities, access, resources, and support they need to be successful. With this in mind, our goal is to recruit, hire and retain employees of all racial/ethnic backgrounds who will bring their unique talents and skills into our educational institution to encourage students to thrive academically. Our district aims to provide an equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for all students and staff to succeed in a racially and culturally diverse local, national and global community.
- Participate as a member of the Building Assessment Team.
- Assess and evaluate students in all areas of potential need to determine eligibility and areas of service/need and for purposes of providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding students’ progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Develop, implement and monitor Individualized Education Plans, behavioral intervention plans, and age appropriate transition plans.
- Provide specially designed instruction, support, and related services to students including accommodations, supplemental services, and modifications of general education curriculum to students.
- Implement instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for achieving stated objectives for instruction and student success, including use of technology.
- Understand and use a variety of assistive technologies and programs.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum student outcomes.
- Participate with other staff to cooperatively plan, develop, and implement a course of instruction designed to meet the needs of students in [all curriculum areas].
- Supervise, schedule and train paraprofessionals.
- Create and manage a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to learning for all students and providing positive supports and guidance to a diverse population.
- Confer with colleagues, administrators, students and/or parents.
- Cooperatively develop effective, positive techniques for improving student behavior and academic progress.
- Participate in State, Federal and District testing requirements.
- Maintain accurate, complete, confidential, and timely records as required by law, District Policy, and Administrative Regulations including attendance, IEP information, progress reports, cumulative records, and classroom inventory.
- Become familiar with and uphold the enforcement of school rules, Administrative Regulations and Board Policy.
- Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude when carrying out responsibilities as a faculty member.
- Perform assigned out-of-classroom supervision and other duties.
- Participate in staff meetings, planning events, and grade level/department/PLC/job-alike meeting
- Participate in total building program, including assemblies, contests, and other student activities.
- Engage in ongoing professional development.
- Oversee general management of student’s health and physical needs.
- Implement services and supports focused on student’s hygiene, health, and basic needs.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree; valid Washington State teaching certificate with Special Education endorsement.
- Successfully complete Washington State Patrol background check. Employee is responsible for cost of background check.
- Understanding of current State and Federal laws pertaining to the education of students with disabilities.
- Must be flexible, exhibit a commitment to accomplishment, possess outstanding communication and conceptual skills, demonstrate appropriate and positive student relationships, possess a strong professional orientation, and be willing to actively participate in a team environment.
- Must have regular, consistent attendance.
- Physical capability to respond to student in order to maintain a safe and supportive school environment.
- Must be willing to uphold District Policies and follow administrative procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum integration and a commitment to improve and refine instructional and management skills by participating in professional development.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to use a variety of research-based effective instructional strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology and an ability to incorporate into instructional program
- Demonstrated compatibility with staff, program, and school goals.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a positive attitude with students and adults (staff and parents).
- Demonstrated awareness, appreciation and respect of diversity among students and adults.
- Sets appropriate expectations for individual students.
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience in Workshop Model of Instruction preferred.
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience at the designated grade level preferred.
- Experience working with at-risk student population preferred.
- Experience working with economically diverse or challenged populations preferred.
- Preferred training and/or experience in instructional and management strategies to include:
- Use of educational and assistive technology.
- Knowledge of classroom and individual student behavior management techniques.
- Experience and training in student behavior intervention techniques and de-escalation.
- Experience using the IEP-Online system.
- Training and/or experience in instructional and/or management strategies in positive behavioral supports, Collaborative Problem Solving, TEACCH, ABA, visual systems/learning, assistive technology, social thinking, social emotional learning, curriculum adaptations, social skills instruction, Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES RELATED TO CULTURAL COMPETENCE AND EQUITY:
- Knowledge/awareness of own cultural identity and desire to learn about the cultural identity of others.
- Supports a positive school environment that celebrates, respects and values diversity, where learning is made relevant and meaningful to students of various cultures.
- Participates in activities and discussions that lead to increased cultural competence.
- Demonstrates a commitment to equitable outcomes for all students.
- Ability to recognize each person as a unique individual even as we celebrate their group cultural heritage.
- The ability and desire to establish positive relationships with persons regardless of race, gender, physical limitation, sexual orientation or religious belief, with an active commitment to equal opportunity for all persons.