Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers, Inc., established in 1996, is a multi-disciplined civil engineering firm servicing public, private and institutional clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region, with offices located throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware. Our team of professionals is dedicated to detail, innovative solutions, and cost control utilizing the latest technology and methodologies.
Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers is looking for an experienced Site Civil Engineer or Registered Landscape Architect to grow our Site / Civil Infrastructure Department during this time of significant growth opportunities!
The Director of Site / Civil Infrastructure is responsible for overseeing and managing the Site / Civil Infrastructure department, including the landscape architecture division within. This will require the management of projects from conception through construction and expertise in project planning and management of multi-disciplinary engineering projects. It will provide guidance and leadership of group staff to ensure that they are challenged, have opportunities to learn and grow, and encourage a proper work/life balance. The Director of Site / Civil Infrastructure will need to establish and maintain quality standards for the group and ensure that the department is meeting client and organizational standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees Site / Civil Infrastructure department staff and ensures that their set goals and career objectives are met.
- Lead a team of project engineers, EITs, landscape architects and designers on large utility-scale renewable projects across the US.
- Plans and coordinates, assign and delegate workload for team members.
- Reviews and QC's plan sets, reports and design memoranda for compliance with design codes and requirements, industry standards, and company-developed standards.
- Provides oversight for project management related items, budgets and overall department financial performance.
- Provides direction and guidance on technical issues.
- Recruits additional civil engineering staff as needed.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Provides training and mentoring as needed.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams and works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
- Confers with Client, Contractors and other engineers to clarify and resolve problems; prepares design modifications, as appropriate.
- Develops scope of work.
- Prepares status reports and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments, divisions, and organizations.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Identifies and obtains team capabilities needed to accomplish project objectives.
- Balances planning efforts with day to day demands
- Consults with the president and leadership team to create long-range goals specific to the needs of the organization.
- Collaborates with marketing department to determine market potential for new clients.
- Oversees progress and timeliness of projects.
- Be responsive to the needs of the client and project requirements
- Reviews project reports to ensure projects are on schedule and within budget.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- 10% travel is expected and may include overnight stays for several days.
- Identify, capture and manage clients
- Develop new and nurturing existing clients and building long lasting client relationships
- Lead and direct others in the accomplishment of project work
- Work with staff to establish and meet budgets on projects
- Keep in constant contact with office leadership and others involved with related projects
- Help identify new market segments as well as deepen relationship in current markets
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or Landscape Architecture
- Pennsylvania PE or RLA with preference for additional Maryland PE or RLA
- 10+ years progressive experience in Site Civil/Land Development
- Valid Driver's License
- Technical proficiency in using the latest versions of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and MicroStation.
- Has the legal right to work in the U.S.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Work is performed mostly in office settings. Some outdoor work is required in the inspection of various land use developments, construction sites or public works facilities. Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate drafting instruments, computers and various pieces of office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.