PL+US: Paid Leave for the United States is hiring a Manager of Data & Digital Performance to join our fast-moving team fighting to win paid family and medical leave for everyone in the United States.
In just five years, PL+US has won paid leave for nearly 8.5 million people. We’ve won change at some of the top employers in the country, including Walmart and Starbucks, and we’re taking that momentum into the fight to win national public policy. Paid leave is poised to take off as the next high-profile national issue.
Since our founding, the PL+US team has quadrupled in size and has cultivated a culture that is bold, curious, real, excellent, and compassionate. We are committed to centering equity in our work and on our team, and are working at all levels of the organization to better embody anti-racism internally and externally. We are agile, collaborative problem solvers who are passionate about winning paid leave and we mean it when we say that family comes first, for those we fight alongside and for our own team.
About this opportunity
As Data & Digital Performance Manager, you will play a critical role in winning paid family leave for everyone in the US, because our member’s voices are most powerful when our digital programs are data-driven and optimized.
In this role, you will report to the Senior Director of Campaigns & Digital (SDCD). You will provide comprehensive, high quality management of PL+US’ digital properties to maximize our member’s impact and create a seamless experience for our audiences. You’ll provide timely and relevant reporting on the success of various digital strategies, and make data-driven recommendations to the SDCD. You’ll also ensure the PL+US team is properly trained and empowered to use our CRM, EveryAction.
You are the ideal candidate for this role if you have deep experience in using technology and data to drive digital organizing and campaigns.
You enjoy running a large email list and reporting data and results in a way that helps drive decisions. You follow the latest trends in digital organizing and you’ve never met an A/B test you didn’t love. You are good at breaking down the technical details into user-friendly processes and training your team to follow them.
Lead data reporting & analysis
- Provide data-driven insights and recommendations on PL+US membership digital engagement to maximize the impact of our campaign, grow our list and drive increased action/engagement rates
- Track the results of email and social and report out to team
- Track trends and developments with our membership list, make recommendations to support a healthy list and maximizing our member’s impact
- Regularly report out on results and learnings from A/B testing
- Share data highlights at team meetings/quarterly read outs with recommendations/learnings for going forward
Manage, optimize and grow a thriving list
- Analyze list performance and engagement across various factors (member source, time on list, activity level, etc) to inform data-driven decisions for our digital program
- Implement A/B testing to optimize results of all emails and member actions
- Develop and implement list hygiene strategy informed by industry best practices
- Manage the PL+US list, including import/export, correctly tagging data and keeping list segments up to date
- Maintain accurate c3/c4 list segments and coordinate monthly cost-sharing reporting with Ops team
- Manage external to EA platforms and lists (Action Network, MoveOn, Change, Coworker) and ensure they are regularly imported into EA with correct tags and segmenting
Lead digital production
- Design and produce member emails and and landing pages for PL+US campaigns in coordination with external contractors where relevant
- Develop, implement, and train staff on standardized procedures, templates, and best practices for member email and landing page production.
- Design and produce necessary assets for PL+US digital ads and brand building
- Work across departments to support other digital production needs as they arise
Maintain PL+US websites
- Design and produce new web content, features, and microsites as needed, in coordination with other digital team members
- Perform routine updates to the PL+US websites as needed
- Track website traffic, analyze trends to inform data-driven decisions, and report out to team
- Develop and execute SEO plan to maximize Google Ads Grant and drive traffic to PL+US sites
- Train staff on EveryAction to ensure proper usage across the team, from properly tracking advocates and donors to correctly targeting emails (as relevant to their role)
- Advise and work with other departments as needed to develop processes, best practices, and infrastructure within EA to meet their data needs
- Manage staff EveryAction accounts and access levels
Reports to: Karin Roland, Senior Director of Campaigns & Digital
Salary: $70,125-$82,500, based on qualifications and experience
Some of the Benefits of Working for PL+US:
- Awesome team of high impact, low ego people who live by our organizational values: be bold, curious, real, excellent, and compassionate.
- Flexible work schedule. If you need to leave early to pick up your kid from school or bring your mom to the doctor, that’s cool.
- Generous time off. Unlimited vacation, 12 paid holidays, and we all take the week between Christmas and New Years off.
- Up to 6 months of paid family leave, as well as health, dental, and vision insurance (up to $975/month when you enroll in our plans).
- Retirement accounts. We offer a 401(k) since we want you to retire one day.
- Commuter benefits program, medical and dependent care FSA program, and employer-paid life and disability insurance.
- Personal professional development budget ($1,000 in 2021) and a learning-oriented culture to support your growth.
- 100% remote team (before and after the pandemic) with stipends to offset the cost of your home office.
To Apply: Please submit your resume at Recruiterbox, and in lieu of a cover letter, please respond to the four application questions. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will begin ASAP.
- Why are you passionate about winning paid family and medical leave for everyone in the United States?
- Tell us about a time you made a data-driven recommendation to improve email performance - what data did you use, where did you get it, what was the impact of your recommendation?
- Technology to support digital activism is constantly changing - how do you stay on top of new trends and tools, and what’s your favorite new technology from the past year?
- Have you previously worked with EveryAction? If yes, tell us what you like and dislike about the system. If not, tell us about other CRM’s you’ve administered and how you approach learning a new system.
Apply online here: https://paidleave.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0urjb?cjb_hash=O_YkyH51&apply_now=true
PL+US is deeply committed to diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, first-generation Americans, people with caregiving responsibilities, people with disabilities, and members of the queer community to apply.
PL+US is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don't discriminate against people because of their race, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, personal appearance, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, or political affiliation.
To be successful in the role, you’ll need:
- Deep understanding of all aspects of digital media, including social, mobile, SEO, and especially email-based organizing.
- Strong knowledge of testing for email, social, and web, and experience optimizing campaigns according to required key performance indicators
- Ability to use Google Analytics, Sprout Social and other analytic tools to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns beyond the initial interaction
- Experience administering a CRM for digital organizing (bonus for experience administering EveryAction specifically).
- Ability to manage information that is extremely detailed, to stay organized, and to multitask effectively under moments of time pressure
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and a desire to engage in anti-racism practices
Job Requirements: this position requires the ability to:
- Conduct business in fluent English
- Operate a computer and work at a computer for sustained periods of time
- Participate in live virtual meetings over video conference and/or phone
Database Development-Administration, Direct Marketing (CRM), General-Other: Medical-Health, Other, Work at Home