Intelligent Waves, a rapidly growing Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Fed/DoD Contractor, is seeking an experienced Controller to support the needs of our rapidly growing company. The qualified candidate for this role will have extensive experience and knowledge of government contracting accounting practices. As the Controller, you will manage the day-to-day accounting operations in addition to overseeing the month-end close, preparing financial statements, and working with outside auditors. This position shall work closely with the Vice President of Finance to develop, implement, and manage execution of operational accounting strategies across the organization providing guidance and leadership to the team while ensuring all deadlines are met. ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage ongoing performance, growth, and development of accounting team members.
- Maintain company accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain a comprehensive system of controls and overall accounting functions.
- Promote an environment of excellent customer service and continual process improvement.
- Manage and perform daily accounting operations including accounts payable, travel & expense, accounts receivable, intercompany transactions, payroll, fixed assets, treasury management and general ledger accounting. Execute all vendor payments on a weekly basis.
- Approve ledger entries, account reconciliations and supporting analyses while ensuring compliance with GAAP standards and FAR regulatory requirements.
- Manage banking activity and cash flow.
- Perform the month-end and annual closing process ensuring timely financial reporting as well as performing analytical reviews of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Create and maintain indirect rate pools and allocations. Compute monthly indirect rates and ensure the integrity of the pools and costs centers.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and training on financial and administrative matters.
- Maintain the project and financial accounting system data and reporting capabilities.
- Drive operational efficiency and automation of finance and accounting processes.
- Deliver timely and accurate financial statements across the Company, including consolidation of multi-companies and joint ventures.
- Conduct monthly program management reviews to ensure that all significant accounts are materially correct. Assist functional leaders in reviewing financial reporting data that provides concise and meaningful information.
- Coordinate and manage financial audits, including interaction/correspondence with external agencies including DCAA, IRS, outside CPA firms, and other regulatory agencies.
- Prepare annual Incurred Cost Submission.
- Monitor compliance with debt covenants and multi-state government filing, tax reporting, and payment requirements.
- Support state and federal filings, including R&D tax credits. Assist andor review preparation of tax and other government filings.
- Maintain compliance with government contracting standards and requirements.
- Assist in annual indirect rate budgets provide reporting and support development of forecasts.
- Monitor and report project variance and implement controls to guide project financial performance improvement.
- Support business development activities by reviewing pricing for proposals.
- Research technical accounting issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field with 8+ years of relevant experience
- 8+ years as senior-level manager within the government contracting industry
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, ASC 606 – Revenue Recognition, FAR and CAS regulations
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills; able to work well with senior executives and team as well as mentor/lead other team members
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to define problems, collect data to establish facts, draw valid conclusion and report on findings for resolution
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is highly desirable
- Experience with UNANET Financials and Concur a strong plus
Since 2006, Intelligent Waves has remained committed to providing quality engineering and intelligence solutions to our clients, and it all starts with YOU. Intelligent Waves offers a great and generous benefits package to include medical, dental and vision, paid PTO leave and, life & disability packages. We also invest in our employees' futures by providing a matching 401K contribution with vesting starting from DAY 1, technical training, tuition bonuses, and much, much more.
Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, Intelligent Waves will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Intelligent Waves LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity protected veteran status and individuals with disabilities, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.
A Veteran Friendly Organization