Executive Director, Health Equity Initiatives
The Executive Director, Health Equity Initiatives responsible for directing a system-level Health Equity Initiatives function, responsible for leading regional and system-wide partnerships and initiatives, facilitating continuous improvements efforts, and directing learning collaboratives in support of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH)'s Population Health Management (PHM) cross-regional Health Equity strategic initiatives. In collaboration with the VP of Health Equity & Medicaid and PHM leadership teams, the Executive Director develops a portfolio of solutions to help meet system and regional population health goals, specifically those focused on reducing health inequities, structural barriers to health and improving outcomes for BIPOC, LGBTQIA and other marginalized populations. The key area of focus will be collaboratively partnering with regional leaders in the development and implementation of the health equity initiatives. The Executive Director will manage a project manager to support the aforementioned activities, and is responsible for individually leading strategic initiatives/projects and/or provide strategic decision-making support to the PSJH population health leaders, as needed or requested.
The Executive Director builds and maintains relationships with, and acts a strategic partner to system and regional Population Health and shared services leaders, flexibly responding to needs and enhancing the internal capability within the organization to develop and drive change, facilitate alignment and create measurable impact in communities served by Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH). The Executive Director will individually lead, as well as manage caregivers who also facilitate, both direct and virtual teams from concept phase through transition to operations of cross-functional and cross-regional system partnerships, initiatives and projects of varying size and complexity.
Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) is committed to serving our poor and vulnerable populations. Our health equity and population care models focus on meeting the physical, behavioral, social, and spiritual needs of patients through healing authentic relationships, and by addressing systemic racism, social determinants of health and other structural barriers to achieving health equity. The incumbent performs all duties in a manner that promotes PSJH and ECMC (Enterprise Care Management & Coordination) Mission, values, and philosophy. In all aspects, s/he serves as a role model for the values and Mission of the organization.
This role is based in Renton, WA; but the location may also be flexible across the PSJH region.
Required experience/education for this position include:
• More than 10 years of experience with ten years of progressively increasing responsibility in management level (project and/or people) experience with specific facilitation, performance improvement, problem solving, and project management experience of complex, multi-regional, strategically important initiatives. Demonstrated experience and success in leading cross-functional and virtual teams. Demonstrated experience working in large and complex organizations, as well as working across diverse constituencies and geographies.
• 8 years of experience in healthcare operations for an understanding of the nature of the work performed.
• Demonstrated ability in driving changes resulting in a decrease in health disparities or inequities for BIPOC, LGBTQIA and/or other marginalized populations.
• Experience in change management, facilitation, and process improvement methodologies with substantial project management experience of complex, multi-regional, strategically important initiatives.
• Ability to anticipate and take personal responsibility with appropriate sense of urgency for customer satisfaction.
• Ability to consistently go out of the way to listen, understand, and support the needs of others in a sensitive manner.
• Ability to perform challenging tasks efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to anticipate problems and takes corrective action prior to completing the task.
• Ability to set challenging objectives and works against self-defined standards of excellence to continually improve personal performance.
• Demonstrated planning and program/project management skills.
• Proven ability to set business strategy.
• Strong attention to detail and outstanding analytical skills.
• Action-oriented, achieving results effectively and efficiently and consciously encouraging others toward the goal with their passion, words, and actions.
• Ability to navigate relationships, authority, and decision-making effectively within a matrixed organization.
• Demonstrated management skills and ability to work effectively to build relationships with colleagues, customers, and executive management through positive interaction.
• Ability to partners effectively through influence, leading change confidently and adjusting personal leadership/communication style to work well with various groups of people, teams, and functions and achieve desired results.
• Ability to demonstrate a conscious awareness of their impact on others and adjusts their behavior to increase their personal effectiveness with all.
• Strong commitment to personal and professional development and success of team members.
• Ability to handle conflict immediately and effectively to respectfully achieve a positive result.
• Flexibility and response to change
• Proven ability to organize multiple projects, schedules, and demand to meet shifting priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to study, understand, adapt, and respond effectively to a constantly changing environment
• Ability to listen with sensitivity and openness.
• Ability to actively seek constructive feedback and remain open and receptive to it.
• Ability to anticipate the information needs of others.
• Proven skills in oral and written communication with executives, management, and staff at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to communicate honestly and courageously, bringing tough issues to the surface even when uncomfortable.
• Proven ability to clearly translate high level strategy into implementable programs with fidelity to enterprise specifications and consistency where required, and flexibility where appropriate.
• Working with regional and local administrative and clinical teams, maintain the ability to establish clear population health objectives that leverage the assets of our integrated delivery system in service to our organizational goals.
• Ability to direct, engage in, and develop internal and external partnerships across the integrated delivery system and the community.
• Ability to be strong team player with the ability to work effectively with leadership at multiple levels of the organization in a credible and professional manner.
• History of developing high-performing teams and continuously improving department operations.
• Ability to establish strong team relationships, building trust and open communication.
• Proven ability in using effective influence without authority, ambiguity, different styles, in settings of conflicting priorities.
• Experience working across diverse and stressed institutions, in settings of limited resources.
• Outstanding team and meeting facilitation skills including planning, design and execution.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills, and the ability to manage shifting priorities are critical for success in this position.
• Possess good decision-making skills based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
• Strong consensus-building skills; the ability to be open, direct and collegial but also be decisive as needed.
• Strong focused written and verbal communication responsive to the needs of the customers.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• A practical common sense approach to creating management tools which fit the unique needs of the customers and the circumstances.
• Self-starting and independent in managing multiple projects and accountabilities.
• Demonstrated success in managing a diverse portfolio of initiatives in a multi-region or divisional, complex organization.
• Solid understanding of pace, complexity and challenges of providing system-level support services for a multi-state organization.
• Ability to handle a variety, fast pace, and flexible assignments to meet ongoing business needs.
• Assuring any work product is completed accurately and timely in accordance with departmental standards.
• Ability to demonstrates a commitment to the philosophy, mission, core values, and goals of Providence St. Joseph Health. Previous work record demonstrates personal integrity, veracity, and trust.
Preferred experience/education for this position include:
• 2 years of experience leading learning and improvement collaboratives or other large scale improvement initiatives (such as Breakthrough Collaboratives).
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 281742.
Providence is an Equal Opportunity Employer.