The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The HR Supervisor is responsible for all HR related activities in the Danner Factory. Primary areas of responsibility include being a proactive business partner, labor relations & contract interpretation, employee relations, staffing, safety and training. Supervise a small HR team in a manufacturing environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION (Other duties may be assigned):
- Serve as a liaison to all factory building employees and various levels of management in order to provide answers to moderate to complex questions regarding policies and procedures utilizing general knowledge of the Human Resources disciplines and ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws and statues.
- Partner with management to ensure a fully staffed, trained and motivated workforce
- Develop and manage recruiting strategy and processes including sourcing, interviewing, pre-employment screens and offer letters
- Conducts investigations related to employee and/or management concerns
- Oversee all factory discipline and discharge policies and activities.
- Administer all aspects of workers compensation (modified duty, IME, evaluations, etc.)
- Manage regulatory compliance including Department of Labor, Wage and Hour, OSHA, Unemployment Compensation (claims & hearings), and others as appropriate
- Co-Chairs the Company Safety Program including coordination of meetings, follow up on action items and safety documentation.
- Conduct and maintain records of compliance training
- Other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 6+ years of Generalist experience, with emphasis on recruitment and employee relations
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources required; PHR certification preferred.
- Knowledge of all Federal and State employment laws
- Strong interpersonal communication, listening skills, critical writing and thinking skills, an open-minded approach and the ability to think on one's feet
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, unexpected tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding customers in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality
- Ability to perform with minimal direction and to interact well with people at all levels
- Prior experience working in a union environment is highly preferred
- Must be willing to conduct oneself in accordance with Company's Core Values.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. 70% of work time is spent in a general office environment with the other 30% in a manufacturing environment.
This position reports directly to the Sr. HR Manager
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please visit us at https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/lacrossefootwear/jobs/1540884-460383
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As a federal contractor, we participate in E-Verify. LaCrosse Footwear, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that strives for and celebrates diversity in its workforce.