Director, Pharmacy Services
The Director, Pharmacy Services will oversee the pharmacy to ensure that patient's pharmaceutical needs are effectively met. Establish policies, procedures, standards, and objectives for the provision of services and coordinates with other departments to provide maximum level of services to patients and hospital staff. Demonstrate proficiency in delivering care to assigned age-specific patient population (e.g., infants, adolescents, adults, geriatrics, pediatrics), and participates in related continuing education.
The Director, Pharmacy Services will have the following responsibilities:
• Select, train/orient and assign department staff. Develop standards of performance, evaluate performance, and initiate or make recommendations for personnel actions. Maintains effective communication with assigned float staff through staff meetings and other means of communication.
• Establish and maintain department policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
• Develop and recommend department operating budget and ensures that department operates within budget.
• Ensure delivery of quality pharmacy services for inpatients, outpatients, and employees.
• Direct, coordinate and supervise all activities in the pharmacy including purchasing, receiving, storing, compounding and dispensing of drugs.
• Consult with and advise medical staff personnel regarding utilization of drugs and pharmaceuticals.
• Develop and determine priorities and monitors status of special projects on an ongoing basis.
• Identify patient/client needs and develops quality programs to meet those needs. Ensures delivery of quality services for inpatients/outpatients.
• Keep abreast of latest developments concerning new drugs or developments reported from research laboratories regarding drug usage.
• Maintain department facilities, equipment, and materials in a condition to promote efficiency, health, comfort, and safety of patients and staff.
• Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
• Participate in hospital/medical staff committee meetings as required. Attends and serves on professional/civic service organizations as hospital representative, and conducts/attends departmental meetings.
• Act as a Staff Pharmacist when necessary, including dispensing medications.
• Act as a liaison with nursing and medical staff concerning prescriptions, orders, drug and pharmaceutical detail, patient reactions, errors and complaints.
• Ensure secure storage of narcotics and other controlled substances on a regular basis.
• Direct the preparation and maintenance of department reports. Prepares periodic reports for top management, as required.
• Direct the hospital’s pharmaceutical research efforts.
• Supervise inventory control to meet patient needs.
• Supervise maintenance of patient records, files and other records.
• Establish work schedules and priorities to ensure that work flow is controlled.
Required experience/education for this position include:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Registered by the California State Board of Pharmacy as a Licensed Pharmacist.
• Two (2) years as Staff Pharmacist in a health care facility.
Preferred experience/education for this position include:
• Master's Degree in Business Administration
• Pharmacy Residency
• Supervisory experience.
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 278150.
Providence is an Equal Opportunity Employer.