Third Way is looking for a Desktop Support Technician (DST) that is customer focused, proactive, a strong communicator, and has a commitment towards delivering exceptional and in-depth technical support to the end-user community on hardware, software, and network-related issues. The DST is a critical thinker with a commitment to excellence and anticipating the needs of the organization.
The DST is an essential member of the Business Operations team. In close collaboration with the Deputy Director of Business Operations (DDBO), the DST will identify, recommend, develop, implement, and maintain technical solutions for the organization. The DST will invest in the IT operations with integrity, prudence, and skill to meet or exceed the objectives of the organization by providing professional technology support and maintenance.
As the Desktop Support Technician, a typical day might include…
- Serving as the first point of contact for troubleshooting hardware, software, and network connectivity issues in a primarily Windows OS environment.
- Providing excellent onsite and remote service desk support throughout the organization which may include software management, replacing hardware, and addressing any IT-related problems to ensure optimal uptime and performance of systems and services.
- Maintaining office productivity by troubleshooting and repairing Windows and MacOS workstations, network printers and other equipment within the environment, partnering with external parties as necessary to further resolve and mitigate issues.
- Communicating with staff to enforce Third Way’s security guidelines to protect the digital, physical, and intellectual property of the organization in accordance with technical and legal best practices.
- Analyzing new and existing technology solutions to present recommendations for maintenance, collaboration, and productivity improvement to the DDBO.
- Working to streamline recurring tasks by building on existing protocols related to IT services, maintenance, administration and procurement tasks.
- Partnering with internal customers, end users, external IT partners and DDBO to analyze and implement solutions which achieve a balance between addressing the immediate need and a consistency with the overall technical architecture and IT strategic plan.
This might be the job for you, if you…
- Have a degree in Computer Science or related field, plus 3+ years of IT support experience OR
- Have 5+ years of IT support work experience in a professional environment
- Take pride in and ownership of in your work
- Have a hands-on entrepreneurial work style, attention to detail and an ability to manage shifting timelines and varying customer personalities
- Have strong written and oral communication with technical and non-technical audiences
- Make efficient and effective use of problem-solving and task prioritization to address IT system incidents/problems
- Think on your feet and adapt to changes effortlessly.
- ITIL Foundations certification
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Highly proficient in Windows OS (7 and later); Mac OS (10.13 and later)
- System Administration
- Ethernet, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP and other network protocols
- LAN/WAN technology
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain
- Microsoft Server 2012 and later
- Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint Online Use and Administration
- SharePoint Use and Administration
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience using a help desk ticketing system
In the Third Way Culture, we are looking for…
- Self-starters: People who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
- Collaborators: People who work in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
- Creators: People who fosters divergent thinking; that aren’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions.
- Results-oriented: People who function with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.
- Respectful: People who embrace the diverse perspectives of everyone and fosters the values of diversity, equity, and inclusiveness at all times.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL...
- Participate in Third Way’s comprehensive onboarding program. You’ll learn about all aspects of Business Operations, which includes benefits, IT, finance, and office operations.
- Meet your Third Way Buddy, be introduced to the entire staff, and start to learn the TW’s culture.
- Learn our current processes for payroll, compliance, and labor tracking, and how you will partner with Finance and the rest of the Business Operations team on these processes.
- Participate in weekly one-on-ones with your manager to ensure you fully understand the expectations of the job.
- Attend your weekly team meetings. You’ll learn about the key goals of your program, how they’re doing, what challenges they face, and how you will contribute.
- Learn about all IT related systems, processes, accounts, and policies.
WITHIN 2 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Gain an understanding each employee’s role and their contribution to the organization.
- Attend program overview sessions to learn more about each team’s contribution to TW’s mission.
- Learn about Third Way’s history with one of the original founders of Third Way. You will learn about our successes, as well as our failures.
- Participate in, at least, one of our internal Professional Development trainings or a Center for Fun activity.
- Provide hands-on technical support/advice to members of the TW family.
- Learn and experience TW’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and respect in the workplace.
- Lead efforts to deploy a new tool or feature of Office 365 to further our goal of enhancing productivity and collaboration among the staff.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL…
- Feel a sense of comfort and familiarity with the staff, your team, and your work.
- Continue to attend weekly departmental meetings with a stronger understanding of your team’s strategic goal.
- Bring new ideas and suggestions to your weekly one-on-ones with your manager.
- Attend and participate in external functions with other members of your team.
- Complete your 90 day self-evaluation and performance review with your manager.
- Partner with your manager to establish your long-term goals for the remainder of the year.
- Meet with technicians from our Managed Service Provider to review current IT initiatives, open issues and discuss upcoming projects.
- Launch a new help desk ticketing system and introduce it to the staff as a critical component of our IT Support strategy.
Third Way is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable laws.