The UC Ticket Services Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the UC Ticket Services Manager in the management of campus-wide event ticket sales; development and maintenance of financial reporting systems; and supervision of box office student employees. This position works closely with the UC Ticket Services Manager when determining staff scheduling and other necessary tasks to be completed. This position is responsible for ticket sales at the Greenhill Center of the Arts Box Office, James R. Connor University Center, Young Auditorium, Williams Center, and Perkins Stadium. This position’s work shift WILL vary from the normal campus 7:45am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday work hours, depending on event and staffing schedules. This is 75% permanent position. Weekly evening and/or weekend hours are required, based on event needs. This position reports to the Assistant Director of the University Center.
• Associates Degree from an accredited institution
• Two years of customer service experience
• Two years of cash handling/accounts receivable experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to supervise, train and schedule student employees
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to quickly and accurately learn software applications, business processes and accounting processes
• Knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Skilled in accurate procedures for ticket selling, accounting, and cash handling
• Clerical skills such as answering phones, data entry, greeting visitors and providing excellent customer service
• Willingness and ability to be an active participant in following applicable safety rules and regulations, including necessary training and drills
• Ability to interact respectfully with people from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Applications received by June 26, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated, and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact us at 262-472-1024 or email@example.com.
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
University Center Assistant Director
HOW TO APPLY:
Go to the UW-Whitewater home page at www.uww.edu. Go to the bottom of the page (in the purple section under the heading “Tools and Resources”) and click on Employment.
Scroll down to the middle of the page and click on University Staff, Project, and Temporary Positions. Follow the instructions on how to apply. This Job ID is 15600.
Only complete application packages will be considered. A complete application includes online submission of the following documents:
• Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
• Three Professional/Supervisory References with names and contact information