Academic Records Officer II - 531358
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
With guidance from the College of Law Registrar, the Academic Records Officer II is responsible for assisting in the creation and maintenance of academic and student records and maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of the records in the College of Law (COL). Works with students, faculty, and staff in the COL and throughout the University to facilitate enrollment and student success. Troubleshoots and resolves functional and student issues.
- Provides administrative support to the day-to-day operations of the College of Law Registrar's office to ensure that academic and student records are maintained in a fashion that ensures data integrity and facilitates appropriate access. Assists with front desk support for inquiries (phone, email, walk-ins) from students, faculty, and staff and assists the Office Manager and Assistant to the Dean of the College of Law with clerical support as needed.
- Manages processes and procedures that result in modification of student, curriculum, and course records including receiving and recording grades in PantherSoft (PS). Assists in phases and functions of student matriculation, course creation, and registration in PS. Keys in transfer credits for newly admitted students. Maintains a current understanding of federal, state, and institutional policies, and regulations as they are related to academic procedures and records.
- Engages in activities to ensure the integrity of student, curriculum and course records in the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions system or other ERP software systems. Addresses student, staff, and faculty questions as they relate to academic records and maintenance processes, procedures, and policies. Refers complex records or registration issues to the appropriate constituent(s).
- Coordinates registration activities for the Legal Studies Institute (LSI) and assists with the Juris Master (JM) program. Manages student enrollment and registration processes for the LSI and assists with the processed for the JM program. Generates reports on data relating to the LSI program. Processes, records, and maintains accurate JM and LSI student records, including records pertaining enrollment, academic progress, and grades.
- Provides faculty support during final exams including proctoring, printing, and finishing services.
- Serves as lead for imaging software (perceptive content) maintenance and adheres to procedures that ensure documentation is maintained effectively. Provides access to law student records in compliance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Oversees the implementation processes and procedures to ensure that documentation is maintained effectively in the imaging software.
- Complies and maintains the contact information of all faculty including adjuncts.
- Maintains College of Law Registrar's policy and procedure manual up-to-date and ensures documentation is maintained accurately.
- Manages the FIU Law Registrar email account. Serves as a contact for questions relating to student enrollment. Processes add/drop requests for JD students.
- Assists with updating student's Panther Degree Audit (PDA).
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive database and schedule calendar for individual state Bar requirements and completes forms as necessary. Assists with completing Dean's certifications.
- Collects, compiles, and reviews all student documents submitted for residency reclassification. Communicates with students regarding pending or missing documentation and informs them of final decision.
- Assists with the maintenance and permanent security of each matriculated student's official academic record including official documents pertaining to student promotion, disciplinary actions, leaves of absence, withdrawals, and other changes in status. Coordinates meetings between students and administrative faculty as needed. Refers complicated exception requests to COL registrar when external input is required or the conditions are novel.
- Prepares and compiles data and statistics on enrollment and attrition for various reports including University and College reports and for external agencies including ABA and US News Reports.
- Assists the with the coordination of diplomas for graduation and helps certify that all students have met institutional graduation requirements.
- Ensures confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Maintains a current understanding of federal, state, and institutional policies and regulations as they relate to academic procedures and records.
- Promotes organization policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations. Advises University personnel regarding the development and implementation of regulatory strategy, potential areas of regulatory concern, and new government/regulatory developments.
- Maintains a current understanding of policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations as they related to academic procedures and records.
- Bachelor's degree and four (4) years of experience with one (1) year of experience working with student information system or equivalent relational database or Master's degree and one (1) year of working experience with a student information system or equivalent relational database
- Must be able to attend functions on weekends, evenings, and early mornings as needed.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) skills.
- Begin time: 8:30 AM
- End time: 5:00 PM
- Criminal Background Check
For further information or to apply online visit our website at careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID # 531358
Florida Statute 1010.35 - Screening Foreign Researchers
Pursuant to Florida law, any citizen of a foreign county who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of employment or training in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, or Syria is subject to additional screening. Applicants meeting those criteria will be required to provide the following information in the application: every institution of higher education attended; all previous employment since the applicant’s 18th birthday; list of all published material, current and pending research funding from any source, including details about the research, your role, funding source, and amount; list and description of any non-university professional activities; any affiliation with an institution or program in a foreign country; a complete copy of your passport; the most recently submitted DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application).
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status