The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of all inventory transactions into and out of the LaCrosse Distribution Center. Responsible for the successful operation of a cycle count program, which includes set-up, counting and reconciliation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Manages a cycle count program including publishing metrics on a periodic basis.
- Coordinates physical inventories as required.
- Reconciles physical inventories to system and makes adjustments when necessary; takes steps to correct and prevent discrepancies.
- Conducts stock search to locate products within the system
- Reconciles F carts, Picker pallets, Transits, ABC warehouse, restricted warehouse, samples, Monthly.
- Implements appropriate actions to customer demands
- Works to slot product in the most efficient manner for outbound productivity
- Assign homes and complete system set up for all new incoming styles to allow for shipping expectations.
- Provides recommendations to resolve inventory issues
- Coordinate all inbound receiving, outbound orders and inventory counts for the Danner Retail product.
- Records and reports all audits, counts and adjustments.
- Must be willing to conduct oneself in accordance with Company's Core Values
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Dependable with a good record of attendance
- Able to have a flexible work schedule and work overtime as required
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows environment with experience in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential job duties satisfactorily.
- The employee frequently is required to use arms, hands and fingers to handle, feel or reach
- The sensory requirements for this position include vision, hearing, and touch
- Frequently lifting, standing, bending and walking up to 8 hours a day on a concrete floor
- Must be able to lift/pull 50 pounds with no restrictions
- The ability to operate all PIT equipment and or be trained as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and or/ EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- 2 + years Inventory Control experience or applicable experience preferred with thorough understanding of modern inventory management practices required.
- APICS certification (CPIM) is a plus.
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience required.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate. Due to the nature of the warehouse environment, temperature fluctuation can be extreme in cold or hot weather.
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING REQUIRED:
Closed toe shoes
This position reports directly to the Distribution Manager.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As a federal contractor, we participate in E-Verify. LaCrosse Footwear, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that strives for and celebrates diversity in its workforce.