We Need You! Creative doesn’t just manage itself
We’ll happily put Taft’s creative team up against anyone else’s – any time, any place. They’re that good.
We’ve got PR pros with backgrounds as corporate senior execs, communications advisors who served New Jersey governors, educators, actors, journalists, and founders and CEOs of nonprofits.
Our latest need is to add someone with the skill, talent — and precise blend of tenacity and diplomacy — to help keep our projects on time and on budget.
If that’s a challenge you’re familiar with, read on…
We’re ready to hire a Senior Project Manager -- a proactive, solution-oriented leader who partners collegially and effectively with the team of experts who turn out Taft’s award-winning communications work. This highly motivated person, who has done this before, and will be at the center of striking the balance that drives service and profitability for our purpose-driven communications consultancy.
This is a new position, with the potential to help create systems and define responsibilities so all Taft team members are most productively doing what they do best, all the time.
The SPM is responsible for all project management activities on assigned jobs — from proposal to planning to flawless execution. He or she will focus on high-quality delivery across all workstreams as an essential partner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with internal team members across multiple levels, building trust in your abilities to get the job done effectively
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Develop job staff models, scope SOWs, and track financial status of accounts
- Well-versed in accounting terms and financial metrics/tools for pricing, tracking job profitability and monitoring key agency metrics (e.g. billability)
- Demonstrated self-starter and work well within a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Show a clear ability to work autonomously, with solid decision-making skills
- Ability to set expectations from the beginning of the project, and when issues arise to find solutions without compromising quality, team morale, or budget – turning challenging situations into a win-win
- A mastery of project management including software to manage the process.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred: experience with Deltek WorkBook for project management, price quote, job tracking, scheduling and profitability tracking
Education / Experience:
Bachelor’s degree plus 7 – 15 years’ direct experience in project management for a marketing, public relations, consulting or advertising agency. Strong experience with scoping, development of budgets and schedules for complex programs with multiple workstreams. Project Management Certificate (PMP), a plus.
The ideal candidate should have familiarity with different types of projects and deliverables, including but not limited to creative concepting, video, digital, and other vendor management.
This position calls for a self-motivated leader and a team player who understands how personal tasks fit into the bigger picture; who is conscientious, detail-oriented, naturally curious and cool under pressure; who is confident communicating with clients; and who believes in continuous improvement, including bringing new methods and techniques to the team.
A Senior Project Manager is expected to provide basic communications and project management support for assigned clients, under limited supervision from senior team members. This person is expected to:
- Define client deliverables in detail in SOW and Price Quotes and issue change orders, as needed, communicating proactively with the client.
- Create and maintain documentation on all deliverables to a very detailed level and provide account lead an update a minimum of bi-weekly.
- Manages activity on assigned accounts, keeping account lead and clients informed of account direction and maintaining forward momentum on projects
- Manages internal and client project meetings and provides client reporting and results analysis of key programs and initiatives
- Manages client approval for all creative/production materials, copy, layouts and production art to ensure they are in line with client and agency expectations
- Provides effective management of agency resources to ensure projects are delivered to appropriate standards on time and on budget
- Manages costs to help ensure profitability and assists in preparation of client invoices
- Escalate internal and/or client issues at the appropriate time and with the right approach.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant team members and provides clients with updates, as needed
- Develop and traffic creative content for marketing activities including websites, video, digital advertising, and social media
- For the above activities, fully utilize and integrate WorkBook and become a knowledge leader in using and guiding staff use of WorkBook for project management and job tracking
- Seeks to identify new opportunities within existing accounts and embraces networking opportunities that will enhance his/her skill set and relationships that can lead to new business.
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO CAREERS@TAFTCOMMUNICATIONS.COM. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!