US-MD-Elkridge | US-DC-Washington | US-MD-BaltimoreCategory:
Delivery & Distribution - Delivery AssociateType:
Full TimeMin Salary:
USD $42,000.00/Yr.Max Salary:
USD $45,000.00/Yr.OverviewCome, Love What You Do.
We are actively recruiting talented people to join our Elkridge Delivery Center team!
As a Delivery Driver with Room & Board
you do more than just "make deliveries," you create extraordinary experiences for our customers and act as a strong brand ambassador for both our high-quality products and reputation.
You're a confident, career-minded professional who prefers variety in your work and enjoys the balance of being outside making local deliveries (±75% of time) with being indoors working in our warehouse (±25% of time). You'll join a dedicated, cross-functional team responsible for product inspection, assembly, staging and local delivery service of our beautiful American-made home furniture and accessories.
You'll work with a delivery partner ( two-person team ) to deliver a variety of beautiful, well-constructed home furnishings to the homes and businesses of customers throughout the local area. In addition to being a delivery driver you will be a part of a cross functional and collaborative team where you will support preparing our products prior to delivery to ensure the best quality for our customers. Additional responsibilities in the warehouse will include: product staging, assembly and quality control. You focus equally on safety and a job well done.Schedule:
Tues.-Sat. 6:30AM-3:00PM, with occasional paid overtime.
Location: 7045 Troy Hill Dr Suite 500, Elkridge, MD 21075The qualities you'll bring:
- You care about the customer and take pride in providing exceptional service
- You enjoy being in a physically active role and bring core strength, agility and stamina
- You place a high priority on safety and contribute to creating the safest workplace possible
- You're an effective communicator
- You're thoughtful, resourceful and a natural problem solver
- You value a workplace built on relationships of mutual respect, accountability and trust
- You want more than a "job"; you want to be part of a company where your role has meaning, teamwork is real and you contribute to something bigger.
What we offer:
- At least 21 years of age (Interstate DOT requirement)
- Ability to drive a 24-foot box truck (training provided)
- Able to lift/carry heavy items (±300 lbs.) with the assistance of a team member and/or proper lifting equipment
- Able to pass pre-employment requirements: criminal background check, clinic physical, drug screen and safe driving record
- Guaranteed annual salary: $42,000 (or more depending on qualifications), plus paid overtime
- Comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, three weeks of paid vacation, a matching 401(k), military leave for staff members serving in the Reserved Armed Forces, and more. For more details, visit www.roomandboard.com/careers/benefits-wellbeing.
- An established and progressive company celebrating 40-years with a culture rooted in mutual respect, trust and accountability. Committed to American-made products and sustainability. Learn more about our work culture at www.roomandboard.com/careers.
Room & Board is a place where people can flourish because they can be themselves. We celebrate our differences, including our beliefs and cultural traditions as well as all of the life experiences that define us. We build common ground through understanding and shared experiences. We're better together!
Join us and love what you do. It makes for a great day at work.