Please apply directly to our website by going to https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/ , select "Prospective Employees" and reference job opening ID # 528992 under "Search Jobs".
Design and implement university audio, lighting and video systems.
- Operates video cameras in studio and at remote locations. Sets up lighting, teleprompter, microphones and other audio equipment as required.
- Executes post-production operations including audio, video, graphics creation, special effects and voice over.
- Performs photography services at various university events; responsible for post-production including editing, and delivery of high quality images.
- Operates lecture capture and video conference equipment, including switchers, cameras, audio/video appliances, computers and software.
- Serves as a consultant to faculty, staff and students in the design, production and utilization of digital images for classroom, research, training or promotional purposes. Recommends the most appropriate equipment, lighting and accessories.
- Acts as director at production of events when multiple cameras and crew is required, selects and recruit team, selects and prepare equipment, supervises and participate in equipment setups, directs the event, performs or assign post-production tasks, plans deliverables, plans deadlines and is responsible for final product results.
- Produces videos for faculty and staff for instructional, research, administrative, public relations and promotional purposes and is responsible for final product results.
- Trains and supervises OPS in the correct use of equipment, in addition to industry and university standards and procedures.
- Verifies the correct functioning of the equipment and maintains and troubleshoot equipment when required.
- Manages the working schedule of Multimedia and Events staff and targets key training needs for the staff and finds applicable resources.
- Performs and supervises the performance of acceptance tests on events, installations and upgrades. Verifies that all newly installed systems are in working order, meeting all specifications, and assures that regular tests are performed. Oversees the overall functionality of audio, lighting and video systems during broadcast transmissions and special events requiring engineering support. Provides technical support to a location where a problem has been reported in a timely manner and providing both hardware and/or software troubleshooting as deemed necessary.
- Prioritizes projects for the Multimedia and Events department to ensure the successful completion of each.
Begin time: 8:30 AM
End time: 5:00 PM
- Operating University Vehicles (all types)
- Criminal Background Check
- Driver's License Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and at locations outside of the University
Audio-Video Broadcast & Postproduction, Computer-Electronics-Telecomm Install-Maintain-Repair, Equipment Install-Maintain-Repair