Applicants must be willing to travel and should be within an hour of a major airport.
Public Knowledge® is a national management consulting firm that helps government agencies solve tough problems and thrive in complex environments. We do this by providing planning, procurement, and implementation services. Most of our work is in Health and Human Services. You can learn more about us at www.pubknow.com. The GLI® Group has acquired Public Knowledge®, which provides Public Knowledge® with the financial backing and infrastructure of a larger company.
Inclusion is a core value of Public Knowledge®. We value and seek to create a more diverse workforce. We encourage women, minorities, veterans, people with disabilities, people with different sexual orientations, people with lived expertise, and other diverse people to apply. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace that highlights the diversity in all of us and our experiences.
Public Knowledge is looking for a Junior Media Artist and Graphic Designer to join our Custom content team and help us in producing high-quality Learning courses. You will be required to deliver on special tasks for the completion of projects and work with the Media Lead on creating visual treatments that exceed standards and keep up with industry trends. Your contribution will add value to the team and the end product, directly impacting our client satisfaction.
What to Expect from the role
- Hands-on experience with helping in delivering design requirements.
- Hands-on experience with design and image editing software.
- Opportunity to be guided and work with professionals in the industry.
- Learning how to organize, multitask and manage time.
- Exposure to the design and learning industry and its various responsibilities.
- Help deliver on design requirements.
- Collaborate with the Media Lead and design team to produce the final product.
- Use the best design methods, applications, software and techniques to work on the project.
- Create drafts and storyboards for review.
- Take on specific tasks to support many projects underway.
- Take in constructive criticism and produce quality work.
Required Education and Other Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree in fields related to design required
- Valid Driver’s License
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have 1 to 3 years experience as a junior designer.
- Must have a strong portfolio of past design and creative projects.
- Must be an expert with design software and editing tools. (Adobe Suite: Adobe photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign)
- Must be an expert in Microsoft Suite (Primarily PowerPoint and Word)
- Must have a good understanding of User interface and User experience design.
- Good command over design techniques and visual elements.
- Excellent communication, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Teamwork skills.
- Creative thinking with attention to detail.
- Must have ability to learn new tools if necessary.
- Must have ability to lead the application of analytic techniques and assist in defining the project objectives, methodologies, and principles.
- Must have experience performing a wide variety of analytical tasks with the continuous improvement of processes, personnel, organization, system, or training.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Must have experience in bringing focus and organization to ambiguous situations
- Must demonstrate creative and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills Must have flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to new situations
- Must have ability to establish and cultivate strong work relationships
- Must have clear, concise written and verbal communication
- Must have demonstrated life-long learning skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability and willingness to travel (reasonable travel will be required)
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with officials at all levels in government and industry
- Must have the ability to handle and organize multiple projects and deadlines
- Must demonstrate a high degree of attention to quality, details, and correctness
- Ability to work with colleagues in a virtual environment (via conference calls, web meetings, and using digital collaboration tools such as Zoom and cloud document repository)
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must have the ability to travel to client sites
- Ability to work from a home-based office
- Must have the ability to work at a computer for extensive periods of time
- Must have the ability to speak on the telephone for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to read (paper or computer screen) for extended periods of time
- Must have sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other Company equipment
- Must have the ability to be self-driven, work independently and as part of a team
We offer excellent benefits that include:
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Disability Benefits
- Flexible Work Hours
- Generous Vacation Program
*If you are a Colorado resident, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 732-942-3999 ext. 1436 for assistance
In accordance with PK's duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace during the pandemic, we require all new employees to be fully vaccinated with a Coronavirus vaccine. You will be asked to show proof of vaccination prior to your start date.
Think you've got what it takes? Apply online on our website and include an introduction to yourself and your qualifications.
This job post should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related task and responsibilities than those stated above.
Public Knowledge is an Equal Opportunity Employer