Your Responsibilities will include:
As a Test Engineer Technologist for LMT Defense, located in Eldridge, IA, you will support the Test and Validation group pertaining to small arms and shoulder fired weapons. This includes, but not limited to, test bed setups, data collection and compilation, physically running tests, and supporting other departments as needed.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
• Attention to detail and competent in technical note taking
• Experience in Microsoft suite, fluent in Excel
• Fundamental knowledge of metrology, basic measurements of lengths, volumes, and masses
• Fundamental knowledge of physics and Newtonian kinematics
• Basic firearm knowledge, SAFETY IS A MUST!
• Experience in writing and conducting product validation testing
• Experience in conducting experiments for R&D purposes
What Makes You Stand Out
• Circuitry knowledge, AC vs DC, power supplies, resistors, capacitors, filter circuitry, solenoids, data acquisition hardware
• CAD experience (CREO or Autocad preferred)
• Understanding and calculating Dynamics of mechanical systems
• Excel VBA macro writing experience
• Understanding of external ballistics and gas dynamics
• Understanding of material properties for material selection
• Experience in NI LabView/SignalExpress
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 1 years of experience working as a Test Engineer or Technologist.
LMT Defense is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.