Our philanthropic community is dedicated to breaking barriers that prevent people from reaching their full potential and improving their lives. We seek a liberty-minded individual with solid knowledge of trade policy who recognizes that social and material progress are best enabled through a society of mutual benefit where everyone can contribute based on their comparative advantage.
Our vision for trade is that free trade - meaning no tariffs and no non-tariff barriers - respects the freedom of people to cooperate across borders and promotes economic growth. We believe that widespread and lasting progress requires the voluntary exchange of goods, ideas, and services. Open and competitive markets give people access to the best possible opportunities and generates more prosperity for the United States than protectionism.
To realize our vision, our philanthropic community will help break down barriers to free trade by articulating a bold, anti-protectionist trade vision rooted in the moral and economic case for equal rights and mutual benefit, countering anti-trade policies and arguments, and creating incentives for elected officials to actively advocate for free trade policies.
As the Director of Trade issues within the Foreign Policy Priority Initiative, you will work with the initiative leader to translate vision and strategy into actionable plans with prioritized goals and objectives. You will help develop and promote our vision of free trade and its benefits in a free and open society. Your primary responsibility will be to partner with our priority initiative team to develop, facilitate, and implement knowledge channels and processes that position the team with the right information to make optimal decisions.
Are you up to the challenge? Apply now.Your Responsibilities Include
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Identify and drive necessary integration with capabilities across the Stand Together philanthropic community to achieve the goals and objectives of the initiative
- Ensure the initiative team and capability collaborators are continually connected to the plan and prioritized goals and objectives and how it all tiers up to vision and strategy
- Drive accountability to progress toward these goals and objectives
- Seek and incorporate best-in-class knowledge about trade and protectionism to identify highest leveraged opportunities e.g. partnerships, other support or collaboration
- Help to manage relationships with external partners to ensure mutual benefit
- Set clear expectations for all parties, addressing needs or concerns proactively, and ensure commitments are kept
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- 5+ years of experience managing projects and tracking deadlines
- Ability to drive a portfolio of projects to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well with all levels of staff and with external partners
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and quickly adapt to changing circumstances
- High sense of urgency and initiative
- Passion for free trade and knowledge of trade theory and policy
- Master's degree concentration in economics, public policy, political science, history, or related field
- Supervisory experience
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference.
Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds-including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy-to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.Our Values
Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management ® (MBM ® ). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color,race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. #PM19