Regular Full-TimeJob Summary
Responsible for setting up equipment and weld parts using arc, submerged arc, gas-shielded arc, mig and tig machines. Handles the layout, assembly, installation and repair of plumbing systems. Installs these systems according to specifications and appropriate trade and building codes. These systems may consist of pipes, fittings, piping systems, fixtures and equipment for heating, cooling, gas, steam, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial processing systems.Company Overview
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.Essential Duties
- Sets up equipment and welding parts using arc, submerged arc, gas-shielded arc, mig and tig machines. Helps plumbers, pipefitter/welders, sheet metal workers or HVAC workers as needed.
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications, knowledge of system operation, and study of building plans / working drawings. Meets and maintains quality and production standards for all work product.
- Studies specifications, building plans and shop drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installation.
- Secures pipes to structure with clamps, brackets, and hangers, using hand tools.
- Maintains the work area in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations (should support implementation of 6S). Maintains required personal tools, and properly uses all Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and safety equipment.
- Inspects the structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of the structure resulting from the installation of pipe. Lays out and marks position of pipe and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors using ruler, level, square and laser.
- Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and fittings using hand and power tools. Installs sleeves and leave outs for roof and wall penetrations. Helps excavate, backfill and tamp ditches using shovels, picks and tampers.
- Helps cut, ream, solder, braze, fuse, solvent weld, groove, thread pipe and pressfittings using measuring tools, pipe cutters, torches, beveling machines, reamers, bolts, screws, fittings, alloys, gaskets, solvent cement, fusing machine, groove and pipe-threading machines.
- Lays-out, positions, aligns, fits, tack-welds, assembles and installs valves, hangers, pipe and fittings composed of metals such as iron, steel, aluminum, brass, copper and nonmetals such as fiberglass and plastic using hand tools, roustabouts, grasshoppers, come-alongs, chin falls and power tools. Bends pipe by hand or with a pipe-bending machine. Fills pipe systems with water or air to determine system leaks. Installs, maintains and repairs air-conditioning and refrigeration systems including compressors, pumps, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and piping and similar mechanical accessories.
High School Diploma or GED
Must be certified (6G Pipe) to weld using material types such as carbon steel, stainless and aluminum (Level II).
5+ years of experience
Trained and qualified to operate machinery such as scissor lifts, aerial lifts, fork lifts, etc.Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TDIndustries recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
The following factors are considered when evaluating an applicant's background and criminal record, if any: the nature of the offense, how long ago it occurred, and the nature of the risk it poses in the particular job. Disqualification for Employment:
Although not intended to be an exhaustive list, examples for grounds of rejection of an applicant include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Falsification or omission of information on the employment application or during any phase of the employment process, including if the person is hired before the falsification or omission is discovered.
• If the applicant will be operating a company or mileage-reimbursed vehicle that is a requirement of the job and currently has a suspended license or, during the past three years, has received more than two moving violations,} or has been convicted of, has entered a plea of nolo contendere, or is/ has been the subject of a deferred adjudication agreement of driving or operating a vehicle under the influence in violation of applicable laws.
• Persons who test positive for the presence of any illegal drug or controlled substance as outlined in the Drugs and Alcohol Policy, will not be hired, or if hired conditionally, pending drug screening results.
• Not authorized to work in the United States.