EARLY LEARNING CONNECTIONS
The primary duty of the Paraprofessional is helping the Head Teacher with classroom instruction and other duties as assigned.
- Reinforce daily lesson plans.
- Supports/Assists teaching team as they implement Curriculum and Head Start Performance Standards in the classroom.
- Assist with preparation and clean-up of meals.
- Complete classroom sanitation and hygiene routines.
- Responsible for toileting/diapering.
- Participates in all necessary trainings or meetings.
- Promote the organization in the community by sharing the responsibility of active recruitment of children.
- Staff will support the program-wide adoption of the teaching pyramid model to promote the development of young children's social-emotional competence and address challenging behavior.
- Staff will create and maintain a positive organizational culture by demonstrating the program-wide behavioral expectations in their social interactions with children, families, community members, and colleagues.
- Structure a developmentally appropriate education experience in the classroom
- Teaches students to follow rules and procedures in the classroom and school
- Monitors student's progress throughout the year and evaluates preparedness for kindergarten
- Communicates all progress and concerns with tact and professionalism to headteacher
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with parents
- Enforces safety and security standards for children, staff, and visitors
- Maintains knowledge of research, developments, and best practices in early childhood education
- Maintains required paperwork for individual student files, attendance, incident reports, and other necessary records
- Enthusiastic personality that will engage preschool children
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with adults and children
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with teachers, support staff, parents, and students in a positive, constructive way.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software as required for record-keeping and documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED certificate,
- one year's experience related to the care and development of children.
- Current Pennsylvania Driver's License and good driving record.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking throughout the classroom
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds at a time
- Must be able to sit and stand on the floor throughout the day, and bend, kneel, or squat to be at eye level with the children
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://bcccinc.isolvedhire.com/jobs/780016-272952.html
One year of experience related to the care and development of children.