EARLY LEARNING CONNECTIONS.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Program Manager and Head Teacher
- Participates as a responsible member of the teaching team, implementing the Education Performance Standards.
- Takes directions from Head Teacher in classroom.
- On daily operations, Assistant Teachers should report to Head Teacher in all instances.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Assists the Head Teacher in planning program activities that will enhance the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth of the children.
- Assists in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up interest centers, and preparing needed materials and supplies under the direction of the Head Teacher.
- Maintains a clean, orderly physical environment ensuring classroom materials, furniture, and supplies are clean and sanitary.
- Supervises group and individual activities of children as assigned.
- Contributes needs and ideas to Head Teacher
- Observes and records behavior of individual children to assist Head Teacher in planning Individual Program Plans.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Participates in recommended staff development training programs and conferences.
- Interacts with parents, with the knowledge of the Head Teacher, to help provide a trusting atmosphere between parents and staff.
- Attends scheduled Advisory Committee meetings.
- Serves as a member of the self assessment.
- Helps to carry out plans to create as harmonious an atmosphere as possible.
- Helps with general housekeeping tasks such as:
- Accompany the bus and/or van driver on the morning and afternoon routes to assist with the children.
- Responsible for the distribution of classroom/office correspondence to Head Start families.
- Help children on and off bus, including crossing highways.
- Support driver in helping to maintain bus rules.
- Occupy children during route.
- Take care of the needs of children during route.
- Assist the Head Teacher in administering screening and education assessments.
- Assume responsibility of the classroom when the teacher is absent.
- Perform other duties that may be delegated by Head Start Teacher, Education Specialist, or Site Manager.
- Promote Butler County Children's Center in the community by commonly sharing the responsibility of active recruitment of children.
- Support the program-wide adoption of the teaching pyramid model to promote the development of young children's social-emotional competence and address challenging behavior.
- Create and maintain a positive organizational culture by demonstrating the program-wide behavioral expectations in their social interactions with children, families, community members, and colleagues.
- Submit an annual health assessment and T.B. test every 2 years.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- High School Diploma/GED and a CDA or A.A. in Early Childhood Education or a related field or the willingness to enroll in a CDA program and complete it within 2 years. Experience with pre-school aged children.
- Must be able to maintain visual and auditory supervision of children at all times to ensure their safety in the classroom, on the playground, and on field trips.
- Must be able to lift pre-school age children and move child-size furniture.
- Must be able to communicate with parents and pre-school children.
- Must be able to climb, stoop, crawl, kneel, and bend in order to speak to children at the child's eye level, play with the children, and pick up toys and equipment from the floor.
- Hours can be long and tiring, with infrequent breaks on occasion resulting in stress on the job.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://bcccinc.isolvedhire.com/jobs/779985-272952.html