PL+US: Paid Leave for the US is hiring a Digital Campaigns Manager to lead our fast-growing network fighting to win paid family leave for everyone in the United States.
In just four short years, PL+US has won family leave for nearly 8 million people and tripled in size. We’ve won change at some of the top employers in the country, including Walmart and Starbucks, and we’re taking that momentum into the fight to win national public policy.
Join our team of diverse, collaborative, motivated campaigners as we fight to win paid family leave for everyone in the United States.
About this opportunity
The Digital Campaign Manager is responsible for collaborating and informing the strategic development of the digital aspects of PL+US’s campaign work in collaboration with the Campaigns, Political, Legislative, and Communications team. The DCM develops, or project manages, the development and publication of campaign content designed to engage our supporters in digital channels. The Digital Campaign manager is also the front line responsible for identifying opportunities to engage with potential advocates in those channels, and to provide creative ideas for effective engagement with the supporter base as a whole.
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for Content production, Supporter engagement, Website updates, Analytics & Reporting. This includes:
- Develop engaging digital content for existing platforms and beyond (to SMS, Peer2Peer Texting, etc), in collaboration with Digital Grassroots Engagement Director, Digital Campaigns Associate, Campaign Team members, and consultants;
- Identify digital opportunities for rapid response and manage priorities in moments of rapid response;
- Engage supporters in a way that deepens our relationship with them, and guides them on a supporter journey that leads to escalated actions;
- Create reports for the Board on digital campaign outcomes, such as social content and email performance, supporter growth in social and email channels, etc;
- Manage campaign content schedule in accordance with organizational content calendar, major external dates (e.g. holidays) and manage competing content priorities;
- Identify opportunities to engage supporters 1:1 that arise in social channels, in collaboration with Membership Manager and Digital Associate;
- Project manage the creation of new campaign landing pages;
- Manage or perform effective SEO for both the c3 and c4 websites.
Other duties as required, including content productions (email, social media, petitions) for rapid response moments.
Reports to: Apollo Gonzales, Digital Grassroots Engagement Director
You are the ideal candidate for this role if you
- love the challenge of a fast-paced environment and come with a creative, solutions-oriented attitude.
- relish staying on top of digital trends and experimenting with new tools
- Have a passion to win paid and medical leave for everyone
- are ready to roll up your sleeves and do anything from crafting a series of emails to planning a digital campaign from start to finish.
To be successful in the role, you’ll need:
- 5+ years experience in digital campaigns or related work
- Strong writing skills and ability to edit, produce or manage production of social media and email content;
- Clear understanding of posting procedures for social media, and email production within a modern CRM, ideally within EveryAction or similar;
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with supporters on a broad scale, and in 1:1 engagements;
- Comfortable working with online campaign tools: including working knowledge of HTML and CSS, audience development, pulling key insights from platform dashboards, and analyzing metrics;
- Willingness to collaborate in the development of campaigns with a clear supporter journey and theory of change.
- Bonus if you have work or volunteer experience in organizing with non-profits, political campaigns, unions or similar issue advocacy groups.
What success looks like:
The Digital Campaign Manager has been successful when timely, relevant, and impactful content has reached supporters and compelled them to engage with PL+US by either taking action or sharing that content, resulting in growth of the engaged supporter base. This person is a strategic and creative thinker who is enthusiastic about growing PL+US’s supporter base and providing them meaningful engagement opportunities to expand access to paid leave.
This is a full time position. You can be based anywhere in the U.S. with a major airport that has direct flights to San Francisco, Washington D.C., and New York City.
$63,750-$75,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Some of the Benefits of Working for PL+US
- Join an awesome team of high impact, low ego people who are in it to win.
- Flexible work schedule. If you need to leave early to pick up your kid from school or bring your mom to the doctor, that’s cool.
- Up to 6 months of paid family leave, as well as health, dental, and vision insurance (up to $850/month when you enroll in our plans).
- Generous time off. Unlimited vacation, 12 paid holidays, and we all take the week between Christmas and New Years off.
- Retirement accounts. We offer a 401(k) since we want you to retire one day.
- Commuter benefits program, medical and dependent care FSA program, and employer-paid life and disability insurance.
PL+US is deeply committed to diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, first-generation Americans, people with caregiving responsibilities, people with disabilities, and members of the queer community to apply.