Jobs For the Future
Jobs for the Future is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status. Jobs for the Future requests priority referrals of Protected Veterans for this job opening, and all other externally posted company employment opportunities.
Jobs for the Future (JFF) drives transformation of the American workforce and education systems to achieve equitable economic advancement for all.
About the position:
JFF has experienced substantial growth over the past few years and is seeking to enhance reporting, modelling, and forecasting to better support future growth. This newly created position will play a critical role in executing and monitoring JFFs budgeting and forecasting processes, defining and monitoring KPIs, and developing critical business analyses to support internal customers, enable continued growth and inform leadership decision-making. We are looking for an individual that will bring significant experience to enhance our financial planning and budgeting. A successful individual will help drive the strategy and accountability of the business through detailed operational forecasts, revenue modelling, margin analysis, performance reporting, business reviews and strategic financial planning across the organization.
The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis will report to the VP of Finance and oversee a three-person team.
This is an ideal opportunity for a seasoned financial professional looking to impact a growing, mission-driven organization by identifying effective and sustainable reporting and budgeting processes. A successful Director of Financial Planning and Analysis will also act as a key thought partner to the VP of Finance, COO, and other unit leads while improving reporting, budget and forecasting in a transparent, and customer service-oriented way.
What you'll do:
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Serve as strategic thought partner in the development of the annual budget and associated planning, development, and analysis processes to ensure the organizational budget is aligned with the operating plan.
- Develop, manage, and oversee the forecasting and analysis function.
- Evaluate reporting to support clear information, management dashboards, and forecast reports in support of organizational goals.
- Design and implement processes with a deep emphasis on strong customer service, and a commitment to efficiency and operational effectiveness.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement strategies for developing and utilizing data and metrics to predict, improve and measure program operation, leveraging data and tools/practices to build automated models and dynamic forecasts.
- Hire, train, mentor and develop members of the FP&A team as necessary
- Produce forecasts and business review presentations on key drivers and metrics to drive down costs
- Provide dedicated analytical & reporting support for operations leaders, focusing on initiatives that will enable improvements in planning, efficiency, controls, and the client experience
- Establish processes to continuously monitor data quality and align reports to support JFFs growing needs.
- Ensure management and delivery of key financial price impacting
- Coordination of financial planning, budgeting & reporting with operating units. We are currently using Adaptive Planning for budgeting and NetSuite for accounting as a dynamic growing organization we want to ensure that our reporting and forecasting support our data needs
- Monitor, automate, and improve business process applications and procedures to help align the systems, software, and applications
- Work closely with budget team to prepare annual budgets and update forecasting tools, budget templates and other reports on an ongoing basis
- Prepare, review, and advise on budget templates for future proposals together with the finance, development, and program staff, develop and implement a pricing strategy for full cost recovery and sustainability.
- Develop financial reporting strategies and tools to meet donor, staff and project needs as needed
Finance Team Support
- Partner with VP of finance to identify cost saving opportunities across the organization. Identifying any opportunities where services can be shared across units to save costs
- Partner with the accounting director to develop and implement cost recovery rates through effective cost allocation plans.
- Provide nonprofit financial expertise and analysis to internal program staff as needed
- Partner with business and proposal development team to increase unrestricted funding
- Hire, train, mentor and develop members of the FP&A team as necessar
Who you are:
- You have 10+ years of progressively responsible work experience managing the budgeting, planning and analysis functions, ideally with experience in a growing organization with a $10M+ budget
- You bring demonstrated proficiency of GAAP and cost accounting as well as knowledge of best practices for nonprofit accountability; you enjoy
- You have prior people management experience and are adept at managing others towards impact while providing effective feedback and support; you build positive, effective, collaborative cultures and teams wherever you work
- You are adept at communicating, both verbally and in writing, with stakeholders who may have a range of knowledge about accounting and finance practices; you are energized by working collaboratively with teammates and alongside other internal teams
- You bring comfort to leverage Microsoft Office, including experience using Excel for data analysis and financial modeling, and have a strong knowledge of budgeting and forecasting systems and tools
- You demonstrate a growth mindset and a desire to continuously improve in your work and approach; you are energized by identifying and implementing new systems or processes and are skilled in getting up to speed quickly with new technical tools
- You are adept at managing and coordinating multiple activities in a dynamic environment where there can be ambiguity and shifting priorities; you are proactive and have a strong attention to detail which helps you meet ambitious deadlines
- You possess high energy and passion for JFFs mission and the ability to apply JFFs corevalues to all areas of your work
- You model inclusive leadership, working effectively with diverse staff, and building and stewarding an organizational culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion
- You are a curious and adaptive learner, with a willingness to take in new information, perspectives and data to inform your work
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience. As part of our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, JFF strongly encourages people impacted by the criminal legal system to apply.
As part of your application, please include your resume and a thoughtful cover letter addressed to our talent acquisition team, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
Positions at JFF are not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship or open to F-1 student visa holders.
All JFF employees are required to be fully up to date on their vaccinations against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption has been requested and a reasonable accommodation approved.
JFF offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and skills.