The VP of Program Management is responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing strategic program and project management excellence across the business segment, ensuring the successful “end to end” delivery of projects and programs for Comtech and our customers. Responsibilities include managing relationships between program managers, customers, and our engineering team. This position will have direct accountability for improving the organization’s strategies in terms of planning, budgeting, and program execution.
- Ensure the successful end-to-end delivery projects and programs for Comtech and customers, with an initial primary focus on Horizon project delivery.
- Act as senior executive responsible for program-specific client relationship.
- Ensure necessary dedicated support to each of the program management teams.
- Assign and supervise program managers on business programs.
- Provide improvements to business efficiencies while aligning operational teams and leadership effectively.
- Work with internal and external management and senior-level contacts to monitor projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications, in order to identify opportunities to ensure successful and timely implementation/delivery.
- Ensure client and internal feedback is solicited, researched, prioritized and actioned with clear and transparent communications.
- Lead the development, maintenance, and monthly reporting of Estimate to Complete (ETC) and Estimate at Completion (EAC) for the business segment
- Support the ongoing development and implementation of best practices within the PMO for the purpose of achieving business goals and to support the smooth running of projects undertaken by the team;
- Develop and maintain effective escalation management processes;
- Develop and implement processes to monitor, set appropriate milestones and track overall project performance;
- Develop executive and client reporting, ensuring progress and performance is consistent with Client requirements and is representative of Comtech achievements;
- Develop effective resource capacity and utilization reporting;
- Develop transparent and collaborative processes to produce project schedules and optimization efforts
- Establishes PMO best practices throughout the business segment
- Collaborate with other departments as required to execute on timelines to meet the strategic goals.
- Lead all high- priority customer-facing status, design review, and production planning meetings
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with ability to interface with customers and engineering team members
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking ability
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to build strong relationships with geographically-diverse engineering teams to work toward a common goal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project
- Proven success in leading high performance teams, achieving results through others, and being a strong team player
- Demonstrate strong focus on customer service and client satisfaction while maintaining high ethics and professional integrity in all interactions
- Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at times competing priorities
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technical Management required
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of large integration program management experience required
- Use of Deltek Cost Point for financial and MRP management is preferred
- PMP Certification is required
- Ability to travel
- Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.