Mahanoy City, PAWho We Are:Fabcon Companies manufactures and erects precast concrete for every type of structure. Projects range from a 10,000 square-foot machine shop to a one-million square foot distribution center, and from a single-story bakery to a 16-story housing facility. Our serviceability begins at the first design meeting, through our plants, to the construction site and continues throughout the life of the building. From superior design and professional construction crews to building-life-cycle savings, we deliver the best possible building solution. Fabcon has manufacturing plants in Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.What We Believe:Safety and quality above all.
Creating a positive customer experience.
Acting with integrity.
Treating people with respect.
Nurturing a spirit of innovation.
Always finding a better way.Why Join Us:Our commitment to innovation, quality and safety is reflected in everything we do. Diversity, respect, trust and personal responsibility are all critical components to our success. Working at Fabcon is a team endeavor, where people are dedicated, energetic with a natural drive for this challenging work environment.Purpose/Scope:
To provide general construction labor tasks, in an efficient and safe manner, as part of a finish crew for precast panels. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes general construction labor tasks necessary to finish/patch precast concrete panels
- Takes work direction from finish crew foreperson
- May perform work of a miscellaneous nature as directed by foreperson
- Uses materials/supplies in an efficient manner
- Handles equipment in a responsible manner
- Follows established safety procedures and policies
Other Required Qualifications:
- Concrete finishing experience
- Ability to carry out simple and complex verbal instructions
- Ability to work well with others and maintain professional conduct at all times
- Ability to work from ladders and aerial work platforms above 20 ft
- Ability to obtain membership to local Laborers union
- General knowledge of construction practices
- Valid driver's license and reliable means of transportation
- 2+ years of construction or manual labor experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Field : Must be able to traverse uneven ground, move minimum of 50lbs., spatial awareness/depth perception, climb on a flatbed semi-trailer
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status). Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer Fabcon is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply. If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our Human Resources Department. Qualified applicants are subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check upon receipt of conditional job offers. Our Drug Free Workplace Policy is available for inspection in the Human Resources office in Minnesota or at one of our plant locations during normal business hours. We participate in E-Verify and if you are hired, we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from your Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you with written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you. Please refer to the posters on our website or DHS for more information on E-Verify.
- Field : All types of weather conditions (year-round, Mid-west and Northeast), dirt/dust, noise from heavy machinery/vehicles