Oregon Health & Science University
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.Location:
Regular Part-TimeJob Type:
Knight Cancer Institute, BiostatisticsSalary Range:
$14.83-$19.39/hr, Commensurate with experience and internal equitySchedule:
Monday - FridayHours:
School of MedicineDepartment Overview
The OHSU Knight Cancer Institute, known as one of the pioneers in personalized cancer medicine, is an international leader in research and cancer treatment. Driven by its mission to end cancer as we know it, the institute is building upon its expertise in targeted treatments to advance the early detection of cancer when the disease is most treatable.
The Biostatistics Shared Resource (BSR) is one of several OHSU resources supported by the Knight Cancer Institute's National Cancer Institute Cancer Center Support Grant. The BSR strives to enhance the quality and rigor of cancer research through professional consultation and collaboration with Knight Cancer Investigators during all phases of the research life-cycle. The primary aim of the BSR is to provide comprehensive and integrated biostatistics support to basic, clinical and population science researchers conducting cancer research at OHSU.Function/Duties of Position
This position supports faculty and staff scientists in the Biostatistics Shared Resource (BSR) of the Knight Cancer Institute. Under direct supervision, the incumbent assists biostatistics research conducted by faculty and staff scientists including but not limited to: background literature review, coding simulation programs, identifying appropriate example data sets, summarizing the simulation results, and preparing statistical manuscripts. Other research tasks may include the assistance with preparation of abstracts, presentations, and other tasks as needed.
1. Every Knight Cancer employee is expected to embody our guiding principles:
- We act BOLDLY-Breakthroughs require pushing the boundaries of science, exploring new frontiers, and thinking differently.
- We SUPPORT each other-Respect leads to trust, which leads to excellence.
- We work as a CONNECTED team - We must leverage our collective brain power to conquer cancer because no one individual can do it alone.
2. Assist faculty and staff scientists with statistical research and projects.
3. Other research tasks may include assistance with preparation of abstracts and presentations, and other tasks as needed.Required QualificationsEducation & Experience:
Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Competencies):
- Bachelor's in any field
- OR Associate's AND 2 years of relevant experience
- OR 3 years of relevant experience
- OR Equivalent combination of training and experience
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at one time.
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills: both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while being collaborative in resolving problems.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Access, Word, and PowerPoint) on Window OS. Ability to accurately type 60wpm
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain effective working relationships
Experience with statistical programs such as Stata, R, SAS or others, database development and management experience, and strong oral and written communication skills.Additional DetailsPlease submit a resume and cover letter for your application to be considered.
Please note: As of Oct. 18, 2021, all OHSU employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means you have received both doses of a two-dose, or one dose of a single-dose, FDA- or WHO-authorized COVID-19 vaccine and at least 14 days have passed since your final dose of COVID-19 vaccine. If you apply for and are offered a position, you must be fully vaccinated prior to starting work.
If the position you are offered does not require direct, in-person patient care contact, you may request an exception to the vaccine policy for medical or religious reasons. OHSU uses very narrow criteria under the law to allow an exception and very few requests are being approved.All are welcome
As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.