PL+US: Paid Leave for the US is hiring a Membership Manager to lead our fast-growing network fighting to win paid family leave for everyone in the United States.
In just four short years, PL+US has won family leave for nearly 8 million people and tripled in size. We’ve won change at some of the top employers in the country, including Walmart and Starbucks, and we’re taking that momentum into the fight to win national public policy.
Join our team of diverse, collaborative, motivated campaigners as we fight to win paid family leave for everyone in the United States.
About this opportunity
As Membership Manager, you will play a critical role in winning paid family leave for everyone in the US, because our members are at the center of all aspects of our work.
In this role, you will report to the Campaigns Director. You will have the opportunity to scale our membership program and build the ground game that will be critical for achieving our legislative and political goals. You will build upon our existing membership systems and growing network of people who are passionate advocates for paid family and medical leave across the country.
1. Build and maintain member tracking and communications systems
- Develop and implement strategies for retention of existing members
- Manage PL+US’ existing member tracking and communications systems, and identify opportunities to improve as we build a powerful network of advocates
- Build digital tools for regular communication including monthly email updates, social groups, sharing tool kits for PL+US campaigns
- Build and manage relationships with mission-aligned grassroots organizations and vendors to expand outreach to new audiences
2. Develop and train members
- Recruitment and cultivation of new members which speak to PL+US target audiences (women, millennials, communities of color)
- Work with Digital and Campaigns teams to engage PL+US members and advocates via social media platforms and regular conference calls & webinars
- Work with digital and campaigns to cultivate online resources for members (issue pages, resource guide)
- Work with PL+US’ Communications team to train advocates to be issue spokespeople, and to fulfill press requests to speak with people impacted by the need for PFML
- Work with organizational leadership to set clear goals to grow a national network of advocates who are ready to organize locally to make PFML a priority in 2020
3. Mobilize members to take action
- Work with members to create leadership opportunities - i.e. write LTEs, start campaign petitions, speak with the media, meet with candidates and members of Congress, etc..
- Work with PL+US project teams to integrate members and identify clear action opportunities - at hearings, petition deliveries, etc….
- Work with the political and legislative team to mobilize members for key legislative moments and the 2020 political cycle
You are the ideal candidate for this role if you have deep experience in grassroots organizing, outreach, recruitment, and training.
You love working with people, developing one-on-one relationships, practicing radical hospitality with advocates, and supporting people to grow into powerful spokespeople and agents of change.
You pay close attention to detail and are technologically savvy when it comes to modern tools of grassroots engagement, from Zoom to mass text outreach to enthusiasm for good CRM hygiene!
To be successful in the role, you’ll need:
- Experience working directly with and organizing people to take action
- Passion for working with people most impacted by, or living on the frontlines of a social issue, and providing the support and training needed to help these people become powerful agents of change
- Attention to detail and comfortable using digital tracking and communications tools
- Ability to effectively set priorities and manage time, especially in a virtual work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be compassionate, culturally sensitive, self-aware, and excited to continually learn
- Bonus if you have experience working effectively in coalition with partner organizations
- Bonus if you have experience using EveryAction or a similar CRM
Please submit your resume at Recruiterbox, and in lieu of a cover letter, please respond to the three application questions.
PL+US is deeply committed to diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, first-generation Americans, people with caregiving responsibilities, people with disabilities, and members of the queer community to apply.
$63,750-$75,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Some of the Benefits of Working for PL+US
- Join an awesome team of high impact, low ego people who are in it to win.
- Flexible work schedule. If you need to leave early to pick up your kid from school or bring your mom to the doctor, that’s cool.
- Up to 6 months of paid family leave, as well as health, dental, and vision insurance (up to $850/month when you enroll in our plans).
- Generous time off. Unlimited vacation, 12 paid holidays, and we all take the week between Christmas and New Years off.
- Retirement accounts. We offer a 401(k) since we want you to retire one day.
- Commuter benefits program, medical and dependent care FSA program, and employer-paid life and disability insurance.
PL+US is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don't discriminate against people because of their race, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, personal appearance, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, or political affiliation.