V3 Companies, a multi-discipline engineering, science and construction firm, is seeking a Civil Engineer within our Transportation and Municipal Engineering Practice area. Qualified candidates must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills as the position includes interaction with both internal team members and external clients. In addition, they must be able to work both independently and, in a team, based environment and possess the ability to manage several major activities at once.General responsibilities include:
- Design and prepare engineering drawings using Microstation for transportation and municipal engineering projects.
- Perform quantity and cost estimate calculations.
- Perform preliminary engineering tasks such as traffic studies, intersection design studies, geometric studies and the development of project reports.
- Prepare construction specifications.
- Handle client relations as needed.
- Work closely with other V3 divisions on multi-discipline projects.
- Must be a degreed Civil Engineer.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience on projects for clients such as IDOT, Illinois Tollway, Chicago DOT, County DOT's and local municipalities.
- Microstation proficiency.
- PE preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), annual retirement contribution, paid time off, and holidays. Please visit our website at www.v3co.com for additional information on V3 Companies. Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 630.724.0385.V3 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: disability / veteranPM20