PURPOSE OF POSITION
The incumbent is responsible for providing goal-oriented support, direct care, supervision of the youth, developing and leading youth activities.
**NEW INCREASED WAGES **Full-time /Part-time openings 3pm-11pm & 11pm-7am shifts available
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Provide direct care, and supervision to the youth in the Residential Center, including managing day-to-day activities, in accordance to CHMO policies and procedures
- Ensure the facility is secure and well maintained at all times.
- Report all maintenance concerns to the onsite manager in a timely fashion.
- Maintain an environment in which the needs of the youth are addressed in a manner that is comfortable, motivating, consist with CHMO service philosophes.
- Conducting Life skills training and safety related drills to the youth.
- Participate in all required trainings and staff meetings.
- Lead, plan and/or participate in group activities and meetings for youth as assigned.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the facility and monitor the household chores of the youth.
- Transport and escort youth as necessary to appointments, etc.
- Complete log notes and other required documentation daily in youth records.
- Assist onsite manager in planning appropriate community based and leisure activities for youth.
- Administer and record resident medication.
- Serve as an appropriate role model for youth.
- Assist youth in preparing for daily routines.
- Maintain receipts and appropriate documentation for all petty cash expenditures and submit to the Program Manager of Residential Services as required.
- Participate in all required trainings and staff meetings, completing at least 40 hours of training annually.
- Support CHMO service Philosophies-Housing First, Harm reduction, Trauma Informed Care, Strength Based approach, and positive Youth Development- including acting in accordance with all organizational and legal protocol, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in the organization Quality Improvement Program through incident reporting and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure rigorous protection of youth personal information.
- Ensure youth-driven activities occur to increase engagement in system of care development
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma, or General Education Diploma (GED) and one (1) or more years of previous experience in youth based, or related services.
- College degree preferred.