MiTek® is a global provider of building solutions for the residential and commercial construction industries. Utilizing software, services, engineered products, and automated manufacturing equipment, MiTek partners with clients to accelerate their genius and deliver breakthroughs in building. With a rich 60-year history and a network of 6,500 team members worldwide, MiTek pairs local expertise with global capabilities. As a Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A, NYSE: BRK-B) company since 2001, MiTek has a record of continuous growth and innovation. Learn more at www.mii.com . Summary
Direct and coordinate all production and distribution activities for our manufacturing operation.Job Responsibilities & RequirementsESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Direct daily operations of department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines.
- Review production schedules and orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Review plans and confer with research or support staff to develop new products or processes.
- Develop or implement production tracking or quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, or other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Prepare and maintain production reports.
- Coordinate or recommend procedures for facility or equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Initiate or coordinate inventory or cost control programs.
- Direct the hiring, training, and evaluation of staff and assist in resolution of personnel grievances.
- Institute employee suggestion or involvement programs.
- Maintain current knowledge of the quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials use, technological advances, or statistical studies.
- Develop budgets or approve expenditures for supplies, materials, or human resources, ensuring that materials, labor, or equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Negotiate prices with subcontractors, set-up and maintain major vendors.
- Any other job duties assigned within the organization, as needed.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- Experience: One to two years related experience preferred, but not required.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Excel, WORD and Outlook. General computer knowledge required to perform activities efficiently.
We are an equal opportunity employer; and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or transgender status), age (40 and over), genetic information (including family medical history), veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. For accommodation to assist with completing this application, please contact Human Resources at +1 314-434-1200.