About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary:
- This position is a Manufacturing Technician that operates the Kiefel machinery and make adjustments and / or repairs as necessary to achieve optimum performance and productivity.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Operate all assigned equipment, stop and / or start the Kiefel machine whenever necessary, meaning cleaning, starting the machine after any electrical failure and other situations
- Perform and oversee the standard work according to department SOP's.
- Work with the Mfg Lead and management to establish, implement, maintain, and enhance the standard work in the area
- Conduct training for operators on standard work and trouble-shooting techniques, and evaluate the effectiveness of training.
- Consult and actively participate together with the Automation, Process Engineering (Process and Products) and / or Quality Department personnel in the analysis of the manufacturing process to identify areas of opportunity for improvement. Recommend changes to operating procedures in order to improved quality and efficiency.
- Follow and ensure adherence to cGMP's.
- Contribute and participate in continuous improvement programs including LPMS, 5S, KATA, and Kaizen events.
- Participate in the daily shift startup meeting.
- Troubleshoot and resolve line stoppages, stop the machine if necessary to perform alignment of peripheral equipment or arrange assistance for its correction. Complete documentation required by procedures or specifications.
- Perform preventive maintenance such as cleaning, greasing and lubricating the machinery.
- During machine downtime, assist mechanic and/or engineers on maintenance activities.
- Collect, pack and identify the production obtained. Perform visual and functional tests on the product.
- Monitor production quality and take action according to the standard work / SOP.
- Perform equipment setup and adjustment. Notify and keep the Automation, Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering personnel informed of any situation found in the machine that may affect its process and operation. (Eg. Processes, parts, guards, etc).
- Perform line clearance per SOP
- Complete appropriate documentation including batch records, log books, PM and DM as required, following good documentation practices. Prepare information board for the shift codes of your responsibility machines.
- Perform cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting of designated areas.
- Maintain work area to the 5S standard. Maintain written information or production graphs, "down time", "setup time" or any other indicator that is established by the machine, in order to monitor its productivity or establish trends in it.
- Adhere to all safety and good housekeeping regulations.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to read, write, understand, and effectively communicate job related information in English.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel, and the ability to send/receive email.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, cGMP's, and OSHA regulations.
- Experience in Radio Frequency (RF) Sealing with courses and demonstrated skills in technical areas (mechanics, electronics and electricity) Knowledge in measurement such as: Caliper, Micrometer, Optical Comparator. Read technical drawings. Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office) PowerPoint).
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- AA degree or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in the pharmaceutical/medical device industry or highly automated manufacturing plant.
- 3 years prior experience in a manufacturing environment with automated production assembly.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com..
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.