About the Organization
ULI is a global research and education nonprofit organization whose mission is to shape the future of the built environment for transformative impact in communities worldwide. It is the oldest and largest network of cross disciplinary real estate and land experts in the world, with over 45,000 members.
About the ULI Learning Department
ULI Learning provides real estate education for ULI members (students, professionals), and the public. A nonprofit education, research, and membership organization, ULI is dedicated to providing leadership in responsible development and creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide. Available online and on demand, these educational series, courses, certificates, and programs leverage ULI's publications, content and research, as well as the practical and theoretical insights of our member leaders. ULI is committed to providing accessible education for the diverse communities of people who are committed to improving the built environment.
UrbanPlan is a realistic, engaging, and academically demanding classroom-based curriculum administered at high schools and universities, and in a one-day workshop for public officials and community leaders. The program is designed to help high school students learn about where and how land use decisions are made in order to make them better educated citizens. When used at the university level, the goal is to create more sophisticated and effective land use professionals. The community workshops give attendees an opportunity to experience the risk and tradeoffs at play in public-private partnerships and neighborhood investment. UrbanPlan is currently active in over 30 District Councils in the U.S. and Canada and in seven countries globally and relies heavily on local volunteer members who function as advisers and jurors for the process. UrbanPlan has reached over 60,000 high school and university students across the country since 2003.
About the Role
The focus of this position will be facilitating the distribution of ULI programs across the network of ULI chapters (called District and National Councils) and regions. There will be an initial emphasis on ULI’s signature program, UrbanPlan.
· Communicate with District and National Councils on a regular basis via email and phone calls and attend committee meetings.
· Support local delivery of UrbanPlan by District Councils by providing technical support as they recruit educators, volunteers, and local governments for program delivery and also strategically as they start up or grow a new program.
· Design online content in a learning management system to provide on-going training to volunteers and educators.
· Develop instructional resources and content for educators drawing from knowledge of urban planning.
· Develop case studies and other content for student resources web site.
Special projects and other responsibilities such as events at the ULI Fall Meeting and one-off deliveries of UrbanPlan with external partners.
Tasks include setting up online registration, promoting events, recruiting instructors, and support the distribution of other ULI learning courses to internal groups and District Councils via group sales and/or DEI initiatives.
ULI is seeking an Associate to join the ULI Learning team. This is a great opportunity to work within a mission driven organization and contribute to a growing and entrepreneurial education team. This is an entry-level position with the possibility of growth. The successful candidate should be mission driven, collaborative and organized with strong time management skills and the ability to work independently.
• 1-3 years of professional experience. Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a major in urban planning or a related field.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities, preferably with one year of experience working in urban planning, real estate, a local government, or similar work.
• Ability to work with external stakeholders, staff from other teams, and contractors.
• Experience with project or client management preferred.
• Ability to track complex programs and synthesize data through spreadsheets.
• Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
• Self-starter with strong time-management and organizational skills .
• Detail-oriented and analytical.
• Non-profit experience a plus.
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Understanding of and interest/experience in the land use and real estate industries is desirable.
ULI has a robust benefits package which includes health, dental, and life insurance, vacation and a retirement plan. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Expand HR Consulting (EHR) has been retained to conduct the search. To apply, please submit your letter of interest and resume, following the application link.
ULI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or any other status protected by applicable law.