The Automation Engineer is responsible system owner (RSO) of automation and building management systems, the responsibilities for this position are the following:
- Will interface with several types of equipment and systems including but not limited to PLCs, SCADA, HMIs, Servers, Databases, and other control system equipment.
- Provide technical guidance and support for internal technicians and engineers, as well as support for contracted projects.
- Participate in design, optimization, commissioning, or validation of newly procured or existing equipment as the automation lead.
- Support facility commissioning and validation efforts
- Assist system owners in process development as the automation subject matter expert
- Contribute to optimization and improvements of facility products and systems
- Develop SOPs, work instruction, test methods, requirement specs and other documents
- Assess equipment to determine adequate alarm setpoints, operating setpoints, and other automation specifications as required by customer
- Heavy cross-functional teamwork support for Manufacturing, R&D, Quality Assurance, IT, and other departments as needed
- Seek for time or money saving efforts through statistical analysis of process and utility data for proactive management of risk
- All other tasks as needed or assigned by supervisor
- High technical ability with a troubleshooting approach
- Provide technical assistance to management team
- Systems which this person will interact with include but are not limited to: Plant Utilities (boilers, chillers, air compressors, air handler units, electrical systems), Clean Utilities (USP high purity water, water for injection, clean steam, clean compressed air, lab and manufacturing gas system), and Automation (Johnson Controls Metasys building automation system (BAS), Inductive Automation SCADA, Rees alarm monitoring system).
Minimum education and experience requirements or competency:
- Bachelor degree in engineering, computer science, or a related STEM or technical field (preferred) from and Accredited University.
- Level I BS degree in related field
- Level II BS and 2 years’ experience in automation role, preferably in pharmaceutical environment
- Level III BS and 3 years’ experience in automation role, preferably in pharmaceutical environment
- Level IV BS and 4 years’ experience in automation role, preferably in pharmaceutical environment
- Strong leadership, technical, communication and organization skills in a cross-functional, dynamic, teamwork environment
*All employees are expected to adhere to the Quality Management System established in the Quality Manual, Quality Policy, Standard Operating Procedures, Current Good Manufacturing Practices, and any other applicable regulations and standards to the duties within their role.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to
- Stand, walk, sit, crawl and talk.
- Occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Normal office environment, but may be required to work at times in a range of environments to support execution of calibration, maintenance, as well as meeting functions, and training. This may include office, laboratories, Mfg., ISO Classified, BSL 3 and unclassified areas. Remote work is accepted when needed.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Automation Engineer, Location: Newberry, FL - 32669